What pills/suplements do you take for training or racing?

CJVDM

Ive been "testing" a couple of energy drinks the last couple of month eg Evox / USN / PVM and lately Biogen. So far the Evox seems best re "feeling" but Biogen best from taste pov (it reminds me of the old Isostar).

Together with this, ive also been experimenting with some of the other products from these companies. USN cramp block helps me a lot. Ive also tested the Evox Hydra Heat which i felt was giving me a considerable boost for the 1st 1/2 of a ride but it increases blood pressure so not necessarily a good thing.

My latest test was Biogen Oxygen VO2 and must admit i cannot feel any difference / benefit from using this.

Does anyone else have experience with Biogen Oxygen VO2 and would recommend it? Are there any of these other products (excluding drinks and gels) that you feel has any benefit? Eg ive read some of the sponsored cyclist use Biogen's biokick.

PS, i know nothing beats good nutrition so pls do not start flaming me on that.

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

EPO seems to be the best thing !!

Should i have clarified that im only looking for comments re over the counter products?

Edited by CJVDM

Contact Dr Ferrari. The guy seems to know what is best to take. If its over the counter it will not take you over the finsishline in 1st :ph34r: :P

Contact Dr Ferrari. The guy seems to know what is best to take. If its over the counter it will not take you over the finsishline in 1st :ph34r: :P

:P thing is that the Hydro Heat contains Methylhexanamine, commonly known as 1,3-dimethylamylamine or DMAA

From wikipedia : In New Zealand, methylhexanamine (under the name 1,3-dimethylamylamine or DMAA) is an emerging active ingredient of party pills. A study reported that acute ingestion of 1,3-dimethylamylamine (75mg) alone and in combination with caffeine results in increased blood pressure without an increase in heart rate.

and the stuff works for me, but i get severely dehydrated from it and sometimes the negatives outweigh the positives.

Nothing beats training, im just interested in the various products people take + im really interested on any comments re Biogen Oxygen VO2

Edited by CJVDM

DMMA also has vaso contrictive properties. It is a good stimulant but has no place in sport supplements because you would like more bloodflow to your muscles, not less

Hammer perpetuam, USN cramp block and USN recovery shakes at races. Have tried hammer's race day boost, didn't do anything except give me jippo guts

I'd really suggest mmda, or if that does not get you feeling good I also use Usn X4 and get great results adding I use it wisely hydrate plenty eat my greens drink my greens (and sumtimes smoke my greens)

Edited by greenlight

Ive been "testing" a couple of energy drinks the last couple of month eg Evox / USN / PVM and lately Biogen. So far the Evox seems best re "feeling" but Biogen best from taste pov (it reminds me of the old Isostar).

Together with this, ive also been experimenting with some of the other products from these companies. USN cramp block helps me a lot. Ive also tested the Evox Hydra Heat which i felt was giving me a considerable boost for the 1st 1/2 of a ride but it increases blood pressure so not necessarily a good thing.

My latest test was Biogen Oxygen VO2 and must admit i cannot feel any difference / benefit from using this.

Does anyone else have experience with Biogen Oxygen VO2 and would recommend it? Are there any of these other products (excluding drinks and gels) that you feel has any benefit? Eg ive read some of the sponsored cyclist use Biogen's biokick.

PS, i know nothing beats good nutrition so pls do not start flaming me on that.

For training I find Game to work quite well :) Coffee, chasing down a bowl of oats before that.

Pills are for sick people. Supplements are for people with a dietary deficiency

Training: Water

Racing:

-Before: Bioplus sachet

-During: Naartjie Energade 1liter mixed with a Rehidrate Sport Naartjie and a sachet of Turbo Energy. Divide between two bottles and top up with water.

Jungle bar is the best in terms of bars, easy to eat with a energy boost you can feel.

Training: Water

Racing:

-Before: Bioplus sachet

-During: Naartjie Energade 1liter mixed with a Rehidrate Sport Naartjie and a sachet of Turbo Energy. Divide between two bottles and top up with water.

Jungle bar is the best in terms of bars, easy to eat with a energy boost you can feel.

Will the bioplus not spike you too much before the race? Must admit i dont know Turbo Energy, who manufactures that?

I am a great fan of 32GI - the drink and chews on a ride, and the recovery after

The drink doesnt do anything for me. The chews however do work :thumbup: