Post your Pyga

PYGA1

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok, so this is it then for the Pyga One Ten. I have chosen the following and would really appreciated your comments....

2015 White Frame and Monarch rear shock, Cane Creek headset          

Rockshox Revelation RCT 130mm fork                                                         

SRAM XO1 Drivetrain Grip-shift                                                                        

X1 Crank set and cluster (1 x 11)

2015 Formula RX Brakes                                                                                     

WTB KOM rims + Hope Pro 2 Evo hubs

Oozy Trail stem 75mm                                                                                                                             

Spank Spoon 5mm bar

Pro Koryak seat post offset

Saddle Fizik Tundra 2

Tyres Conti X king Protection 2.4/Mountain King II Protection 2.4

No need to tar and feather me about the seat post....dropper may be added at a later stage.

I have paid for most of the above now, just gotta dot the i's and cross the t's.

Be gentle :whistling:

Sounds like a seriously awesome kitout. I have no clue about the Formula brakes though, I haven't heard anything new on them for 2015.

I'm also shopping for brakes on mine. prob SLX, if budget allows XT/X0/Guide RS.

I'm also a Conti fan. Last forever.

Pics or it didn't happen.  ;)

Sounds like a seriously awesome kitout. I have no clue about the Formula brakes though, I haven't heard anything new on them for 2015.

I'm also shopping for brakes on mine. prob SLX, if budget allows XT/X0/Guide RS.

Cheers....pics to follow. Frame arrives 1st week of Feb.

Always had XT brakes, cant go wrong there!! The Formula brakes are flippin mean. Tried a few from guys who've got them and all rave about them too.

Beeeeg Conti fan....bomb proof in my view!!

Ok, so this is it then for the Pyga One Ten. I have chosen the following and would really appreciated your comments....

2015 Formula RX Brakes                                                                                     

Oozy Trail stem 75mm                                                                                                                             

Spank Spoon 5mm bar

Saddle Fizik Tundra 2

No need to tar and feather me about the seat post....dropper may be added at a later stage.

I have paid for most of the above now, just gotta dot the i's and cross the t's.

Phew, sounds awesome.

2015 Formula RX Brakes                                                                                     

Oozy Trail stem 75mm                                                                                                                             

Spank Spoon 5mm bar

Saddle Fizik Tundra 2

1st things 1st and most important

Your arrangement is leaning toward the more Trail/AM rated setup which is excellent ;)

But, a 32mm stanchion 130mm + fork I would not advise UNLESS you are a sub 80Kg rider who is not all that aggressive on the trail.

I don't build (recommend) any of my PYGA customs with a 32mm stanchion fork with travel from 130 & up as the wear & tear is that much greater upping maintenance costs , shortening service intervals and shortening the forks lifespan. I would only recommend a 34mm stanchion and set the travel to 140mm for that OneTen. A proper long term investment then and better resale value.

PM me 

Your arrangement is leaning toward the more Trail/AM rated setup which is excellent ;)

But, a 32mm stanchion 130mm + fork I would not advise UNLESS you are a sub 80Kg rider who is not all that aggressive on the trail.

I don't build (recommend) any of my PYGA customs with a 32mm stanchion fork with travel from 130 & up as the wear & tear is that much greater upping maintenance costs , shortening service intervals and shortening the forks lifespan. I would only recommend a 34mm stanchion and set the travel to 140mm for that OneTen. A proper long term investment then and better resale value.

PM me 

Funny that .....

... there is one right here .....

https://www.bikehub.co.za/classifieds/118982-29r-xfusion-trace-140mm-34mm-stanchions-15mm-ta/

Hijack OFF

... couldn't resist   ;0

Some really cool 4-pots here .... perfect for a PYGA ...  just saying ...

https://www.bikehub.co.za/classifieds/120875-hayes-stroker-ace-4-pots/

I know, hijack troll .... gonna spank myself later ....  ;)

PM me 

That's me BiBi.....

Also, the intention is definitely trail/AM

Thanks a mil for your input, really appreciated that. Will PM you

Hahahahahahaha.....geez dude, I'm pissing myself laughing here :clap:

I admire your tenacity....are you now selling your bike in bits and pieces?

Hehehehe ... you must be bursting to build and ride that machine. It is going to be such a capable ride!

Sadly yes.... sniff sniff .... looking at another 3 months for full recovery .... but the wheel will turn.

BiBi will sort you out. He is Mr PYGA in my view.

Happy trails!

Hehehehe ... you must be bursting to build and ride that machine. It is going to be such a capable ride!

Sadly yes.... sniff sniff .... looking at another 3 months for full recovery .... but the wheel will turn.

BiBi will sort you out. He is Mr PYGA in my view.

Happy trails!

Sh*t, that sucks dude. Never fear, I can relate to your situation. Correct, the wheel always turns :thumbup:

Gonna chat to BiBi for sure.

Speedy return!!

2015 Formula RX Brakes                                                                                     

Oozy Trail stem 75mm                                                                                                                             

Spank Spoon 5mm bar

Saddle Fizik Tundra 2

Hey EmptyB

Sounds like an awesome build and it's the same as I have in mind.

Can you please share the weight of this build when you're done with it.

I know, I know, weight shouldn't be a factor in AM rigs, but for them long 3+ hr out-rides with big climbs, it becomes a factor.

Cheers

PM me

Couldn't agree more.

Had a 130mm revelation at first. But only since I mounted a 140mm Pike did I truly discover my 110's potential.

Hey EmptyB

Sounds like an awesome build and it's the same as I have in mind.

Can you please share the weight of this build when you're done with it.

I know, I know, weight shouldn't be a factor in AM rigs, but for them long 3+ hr out-rides with big climbs, it becomes a factor.

Cheers

Howzit SingleTrack (I presume)

Thanks, will definitely share the weight when its done and no, I wont lecture you about weight ^_^

We on the same page because this is gonna be my all rounder including looooong distance rides. Yes, im curious about the final weight but no, its not my primary focus.