• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Current setup

The Decapitator D/Mnt is perfect 

Yep , doubles as a bottle opener;)

Your thoughts on those Onza tyres....you happy with them no doubt?

My PYGA OneTen29 in 1x10 format, 11-42, 32T.

Hey BBN

I'm seeking similar build.

What weight is your complete bike (with pedals)?

Aiming for 11.5kg without breaking the bank.

With reasonable components, XT, maybe AC wheels etc.

Want to know if that is possible.

Cheers

Hey BBN

With reasonable components, XT, maybe AC wheels etc.

Cheers

Mmmm...I think you'll be lucky!

Built mine strong rather than lite, I'm 95kg, and it has a Fox Talas 32 which is not the lightest. Never weighed it but I would assume around 12.5-13kg. Not the lightest bike to start with, takes the hits with ease though.

Edited by BBN

Hey BBN

With reasonable components, XT, maybe AC wheels etc.

Cheers

Sorry mate hate to break it to you. Just built a dream bike, and just picked whatever I desired.

I've made a post under build projects, you can check it there.

Basically, pyga pascoe, xt brakes, x01 groupset, flow rims on hope hubs. Aim was also for strength more than weight, but couldn't break 13kg. Was over 60k.

My other bike is carbon tallboy, xtr etc. 12.2kg.

Probably not even possible to get to 11.5, let alone on a budget. I'd say forget about weight, get the parts you really want and just ride it.

post-45783-1421325303,9433.jpg

Sorry mate hate to break it to you. Just built a dream bike, and just picked whatever I desired.

Basically, pyga pascoe, xt brakes, x01 groupset, flow rims on hope hubs. Aim was also for strength more than weight, but couldn't break 13kg. Was over 60k.

Probably not even possible to get to 11.5, let alone on a budget. I'd say forget about weight, get the parts you really want and just ride it.

How do you find the pyga compared to the tall boy

Can anyone give me an idea or pricelist for Pyga builds? Say with full xt and full xtr and with crest wheels and Fox factory suspension front and back? and is everyone riding a Pyga happy with them?Any issues? and the weight of the aluminum not to bad?

WELL SAID!

Can anyone give me an idea or pricelist for Pyga builds? Say with full xt and full xtr and with crest wheels and Fox factory suspension front and back? and is everyone riding a Pyga happy with them?Any issues? and the weight of the aluminum not to bad?

Message Brenton (Hubber BiBi) he is your one stop shop for all things PYGA.His knowledge and helpfulness are legendary.

My own experience with my 110 -

It is the only 29r I have ever wanted to own as it (when built to a proper burly spec) ticks so many boxes ... light enough for big distance, beefy enough for hard riding, bottomless rear travel, can accommodate long travel up-front, sterling build quality, geometry that works well ...

Most guys I know use them for a variety of activities ... XC, Marathon, Stage races, Enduro .... guys are even doing Trans Baviaans and Epic on Pascoes.

There has really been little to fault.

I am not a fan of the newer model paint schemes ... think the older ones have a richer, deeper tone that sets them apart - but hey that's me.

Build one. You will never regret it.

Edited by trail - er - park

My Pascoe which had its first ride in the Lowlands last weekend. Going to enjoy this one BIG time!!!

I hope this is the way to publish pictures on this forum?!?

Yoh!!! what a sexy bike!!! Love the yellow... not black for a change (still love black just as much)

I've got a 110 and I has to be the most reassuring confidence inspiring bike I've ever ridden. As a newbie 2 years I sometimes find myself in situations in which my skills are not Most comfortable and this is where the Pyga steps up and takes over, the suspension is amazing and despite the weight it's very well distributed so you don't feel as heavy. For me the best part of the Pyga is the solid robust design That will not let you down under any circumstances.

Your thoughts on those Onza tyres....you happy with them no doubt?

Short term opinion - yes

Long term all year round all conditions - will see, but am sure they will do well

stay tuned .....