Post your Pyga

PYGA1

We will have stock of these shirts soon. Currently just have a few samples.

We have sold a number of 2014 Pyga frames this year. But there are none left until we get the new stock  - sometime between Feb and March apparently.

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just got my hands on a beautiful 120 (thanks Trailhead), now in the process of part shopping. 

Would like some confirmation/advice. Seeing that I'm going from a full 80mm xc bike, I'm looking at a building a trail capable yet stage race-happy bike. Semi weight concious, but not crucial. Not blowing the bank, but not looking for sacrilegious junk.

So far the idea is:

Frame: Pyga OneTwenty 650b (obviously)

Fork: RS Revelation RL

Groupset: Mix XT/SLX

Crank: SLX or XT

Brakes: SLX (unless a great XT deal comes along, or Sram guide R/RS if I can find some inexpensively)

Bars+Stem: no clue, probably Spank 

Seatpost: also no clue, will get dropper one day $$

Wheels: Either... 

• Easton Vice XLT (look hot, know nothing about them other than they're similar to Havens, 1750g)
  • WTB Frequency i23 on Hope Hubs (Trailhead suggestion. bomb-proof, not too heavy. look meh)
  • ZTR Arch EX on Hope Hubs (light, look decent, not sure on rim durability and tubeless hassle)
  • American Classic Wide Lightning (Look great, Super light, not sure on durability and I read that the freebody isn't amazing)

Any opinion/advice/better option ideas would be appreciated

Just got my hands on a beautiful 120 (thanks Trailhead), now in the process of part shopping.

Would like some confirmation/advice. Seeing that I'm going from a full 80mm xc bike, I'm looking at a building a trail capable yet stage race-happy bike. Semi weight concious, but not crucial. Not blowing the bank, but not looking for sacrilegious junk.

So far the idea is:

Brakes: SLX (unless a great XT deal comes along, or Sram guide R/RS if I can find some inexpensively)

• Easton Vice XLT (look hot, know nothing about them other than they're similar to Havens, 1750g)
  • WTB Frequency i23 on Hope Hubs (Trailhead suggestion. bomb-proof, not too heavy. look meh)
  • ZTR Arch EX on Hope Hubs (light, look decent, not sure on rim durability and tubeless hassle)
  • American Classic Wide Lightning (Look great, Super light, not sure on durability and I read that the freebody isn't amazing)

Check out cwc, they have xt brakes now for just over 2k,good price.

So far the idea is:

For bar / stem I bought Funn Fat Boy bar and Funnduro stem. Haven't had a chance to build yet, but pricing was very reasonable when compared to other AM equipment (eg Spank). Also gets good reviews and looks really solid.

Available online directly from the distributor www.performancebikes.co.za. Great support so far. Delivered within two days of placing order, answered e-mail queries within 24 hours.

For bar / stem I bought Funn Fat Boy bar and Funnduro stem. Haven't had a chance to build yet, but pricing was very reasonable when compared to other AM equipment (eg Spank). Also gets good reviews and looks really solid.

Available online directly from the distributor www.performancebikes.co.za. Great support so far. Delivered within two days of placing order, answered e-mail queries within 24 hours.

I can second Funn fatboy, really cool bar, have it on all 3 of my bikes

So far the idea is:

You forgot about the Spank Oozy and WTB Kom rims. ;)

I can second Funn fatboy, really cool bar, have it on all 3 of my bikes

Oh yes! I would absolutely endorse FUNN goodies.

Have 2 x Fatboy bars, a Fatboy Chameleon bar, a Funduro stem, a Strippa stem ... all top class quality.

Spank is excellent and definitely more bling but the FUNN bits are on par.

So far the idea is:

You want Flow EX, not Arch EX. Wider & stronger, for little penalty ito weight.

AC have sorted their freehub issues, apparently. Durability is good, again, reportedly - according to fora I have perused.

Am one of the FUNN Dealers

Got stock 

Let me know if you need a FatBoy Bar, FunnDuro or Strippa AM/Enduro stems

PM me

Was wondering who stocked Funn in Cape Town. Will give you a call next time I'm in the market for some Funn.

I will recommend using an eyeleted rim , that spoke /nipple movement is enough as is and ya don't want constant headaches (short & longterm) of nipples snapping.

There is reason eyeleted hoops last longer and spokes/nipples have a longer lifespan.

Current config

I look forward to seeing how the Vittoria WTS setup holds-up 

post-36678-0-66141600-1421873595_thumb.jpg

post-36678-0-33650500-1421873603_thumb.jpg

post-36678-0-51323100-1421873607_thumb.jpg

post-36678-0-91348500-1421873611_thumb.jpg

post-36678-0-04826300-1421873617_thumb.jpg

post-36678-0-01141200-1421873623_thumb.jpg