Moving from compact to normal crank

Slowbee

thats a 12 - 25, learn to count.

Or remember to stop when you get to the start again.

no need to be mean !

its more a case of dont count after a G&T (more like stop at the correct marker).

Your assumption is correct it is a 25.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Dude, your big chain ring on the front is a 53.... right?

You say your big"cog" at the back is a 50...right?

Now look closely at both, do they look almost the same size as each other?

50 tooth cassette....Pfffft...

that thought did occur to me as I was ready Jaco's post. It was then I realised maths was never a good point. Kinda like english.

So now we I have discovered the truth about my bike, will a longer crank arm make any difference ?

no need to be mean !

its more a case of dont count after a G&T (more like stop at the correct marker).

Your assumption is correct it is a 25.

Haha, I dont what to know why you have a G&T in at this time of day!!! :thumbup:

that thought did occur to me as I was ready Jaco's post. It was then I realised maths was never a good point. Kinda like english.

So now we I have discovered the truth about my bike, will a longer crank arm make any difference ?

Yes

that thought did occur to me as I was ready Jaco's post. It was then I realised maths

Yes your pedal will be closer to the ground at 6 o clock and closer to your thigh at 12 o clock

And is it more a case of learning to use the correct gears to avoid the feeling of my legs spinning to fast and being being "compact"

It might, it might not.

The first time I swapped between 170 and 172.5 I felt a big difference. These days every second day is on a different crank arm length, and I don't feel it anymore. I'd probably feel 160 to 180, though. What size is the MTB crankarm?

It might also be pedal/cleat position if you use different shoes on the two bikes.

Yes your pedal will be closer to the ground at 6 o clock and closer to your thigh at 12 o clock

And further away from your back wheel at 3 o'clock :whistling:

It might, it might not.

The first time I swapped between 170 and 172.5 I felt a big difference. These days every second day is on a different crank arm length, and I don't feel it anymore. I'd probably feel 160 to 180, though. What size is the MTB crankarm?

It might also be pedal/cleat position if you use different shoes on the two bikes.

dude, no offense, but I can hardly count teeth, now you asking me to use a tape measure with like mm's and cm's ?