2012 Coronation Double Century

CycleTourWebbie

Hey folks,

Coronation Double Century entries opened today at www.coronationdc.co.za.

The race is limited to 200 teams (as before) and we've reviewed the Team Support Vehicle rules, so go to the website for all the info.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The website says:

**We are busy finalising the 2012 Event Rules and will update this page soon.**

I heard rumours that no food and water support / stops will be allowed in the first 100km plus everyone must stop at the 115 / 120 km mark for a certain time ( 15 minutes or something ) period before carrying on ? This doesn't sound right ? Does anyone know how the rules changed for the feeding and support ?

Rider safety is our top priority and we are therefore reviewing the team support rules.

Comprehensive guidelines will be available soon.

Changes that will be implemented are, among others…

• Support Vehicles will not be allowed to follow their teams from the start in Swellendam, but will be required to meet up with their teams in Ashton.
  • Support vehicles must leave Swellendam via the R62, then turn left onto the R60 to drive to Ashton, from where they will be allowed to follow their teams for the remainder of the race.
  • Support Vehicle Maps and transition points will be made available closer to the event.

Teams whose support vehicles try to support them between the Start (in Swellendam) and Ashton will be disqualified.

Thanks E-man. So the rumours were way off target :) I have sent it to our team captain. See you guys in November.

Will be my first one this year. Looking forward to it but a bit wary of the distance as well.

Must say although I know when I am on the bike I will not likely stop there must be plenty of pretty good pictures on that road witing to be taken.

We missed the entry this year. :cursing: Thought we still had time. Maybe a change is a good thing.

I read it's filled up quick-quick this year.

Yeah.

• 3 weeks later...

We missed the entry this year. :cursing: Thought we still had time. Maybe a change is a good thing.

Apparently, 40 teams are on the waiting list,

Anyone here from JHB that got an entry? I might need some looooong distance training partners soon, my team is based all across the country..

Was informed no too long ago that I am riding, not to sure whether to be excited or scared. It'll be my first one if all goes according to plan.

I'm 20 years old (well in a few days time), so lack in the experience department, any tips in terms of preparation would be nice...

Was informed no too long ago that I am riding, not to sure whether to be excited or scared. It'll be my first one if all goes according to plan.

I'm 20 years old (well in a few days time), so lack in the experience department, any tips in terms of preparation would be nice...

ride, ride ,ride.

try and complete a 140 km in October and another 1 in early November. the last 50 k's are the worst so save yourself for that , don't ride too hard/fast in the 1st 150.

Edited by ccc2