GF wants to start riding , what to buy

blind

Invest in comfortable bedding :lol:

Jokes aside, I got my bike for just over 3k. Not amazing but it does the job fine. So if she does not like it, you have not lost much.

Then contact "slick" on the hub. He knows his stuff and does skills training courses for beginners upwards.

Good luck!

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for all the advice and "advice" :clap:

Decided to upgrade mine and she gets to ride my Giant Thermo.

So I bought this

488146_10151002668997551_1209841720_n.jpg

I agree , I wanted to upgrade anyway , and if she likes the cycling we can sell the Giant and buy her something better in 2 months or so.

The best thing to buy is something that's got nothing to do with cycling, that can distract her from it completely.

Get her the 50 shades of Grey trilogy.

The best thing to buy is something that's got nothing to do with cycling, that can distract her from it completely.

Yeah! The fully illustrated version ;)

I have seen riding with a spouse contribute to ruining a relationship. My advise, don't do it. But if you do, dont ever tell her what to do. Let her ask you for help!

Thanks for all the advice and "advice" :clap:

Decided to upgrade mine and she gets to ride my Giant Thermo.

So I bought this

488146_10151002668997551_1209841720_n.jpg

I hope that she is the same size as you? Riding a bike that is too big can put people off especially girls. A smaller bike is easier to handle.

She is slightly taller so my old one will be slightly smaller for her , we tested and all is fine :)

NEVER ride bikes with your other half , EVER , it causes too much unnecessary friction .

NEVER ride bikes with your other half , EVER , it causes too much unnecessary friction .

Agreed

lol

I would hire her a bike just to see if she likes it.Bought my wife a bike and almost two years later and the bike has about 40km on it and a lot of dust :whistling:

Me too

Its like taking them fishing...you just won't enjoy it...and everyone else is like, who is this **** that brought his wife!