WTF CSA???

Mr SingleTrack

Well some good coffee and Woolies Chocolate covered donut's at the start of each event will be a good start.

Peanut butter biscuits! That would make me happy!

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

nope, u wrong.

just a normal oke with my ears & eyes open, using my logic and who has belonged to a affiliated cycling club for a number of years.

the old boys/girls club has been pulled down year by year and is now over. eventually.

it looks like those that have been elected are passionate about the sport and are taking their duties seriously.

So you're a fan?

So you're a fan?

i agree with him and am neither a fan nor a hater. swimming pool saga's etc are a thing of the past as i see it and have said before they are slowly shaping up. i think a lot of the hate on here is purely sheep mentality and apart from a few, lots dont atually have a clue about the inner workings of CSA

Cycling is still relatively cheap in this regard. If you really want to feel ripped off, start paddling. Annual WCCU (Western Cape Canoe Union) fees are R820 per annum. And then still race entry fees on top of this plus club membership fees (required to join WCCU).

Hi gents,

After going through the topic on Graham Joffee and the SASCOC "GRAVY TRAIN" and now this c$@p from CSA makes me mad. Looks as if everybody is busy milking the system. The realy sad thing is that we can all bitch as much as we like but there is nothing that we can realy do to stop it. We mostly just have to shut up and endure the blood suckers.

But on a brighter note - it is Friday anw we all have two days of great riding ahead to look forward to.

Regards

Sarge

Hi gents,

After going through the topic on Graham Joffee and the SASCOC "GRAVY TRAIN" and now this c$@p from CSA makes me mad. Looks as if everybody is busy milking the system. The realy sad thing is that we can all bitch as much as we like but there is nothing that we can realy do to stop it. We mostly just have to shut up and endure the blood suckers.

But on a brighter note - it is Friday anw we all have two days of great riding ahead to look forward to.

Regards

Sarge

Well put Sarge.

Sadly there is always someone on the take.

The other problem is that you always get some twit who does things for the wrong motive.

The main motivating factor is they want to draw attention to themselves, they are wanting to become little "celebrities" or legends for a lack of better words.

Managing teams, athletes and such just so they can either further their careers or become "famous"

I see it in clubs as well, ride captains and ride leaders need to be famous.

So as much as I think people get in to an organization for "the love of the sport", I often find that hard to believe.

Oom Gotti loved the sport.

every cycle race in the RSA has to be sanctioned by the CSA. when i first started cycling 20 years ago it was R2 per rider.

pre CSA , the PPA did not pay over levies for any of their events.

how are the CSA going to fund development programs so that they qualify more than just 1 rider in the olympic road race or world cup/champs. we currently only have a few saffers campaining for foreign teams (i think 3).

there are currently talent identifing training camps hosted by the CSA but this is paid for by the parents of the riders but WHAT about talented riders who don't have the means to attend these camps.

levies are the only way for the CSA to generate income.

their office bearers are not paid - they are elected and perform their duties on a volunteer basis.

cycling isn't a major sport but it and its participants are a major conduit for other organisations to raise lots of money.

its about time cycling paid cycling

I'd LOVE to buy into this idealistic philosophy...but I've alsom kept my eyes and ear open...like Cricket SA....have you seen /read/ the controvery surrounding that national body??? What stops CSA from becomming just that??

Another issue that I disagree with you is that cyclists should not be responsible for furthering this sport to the highest level...and if so, then a distinction should be made between the average weekend warrior (who does not five two sh!ts about furtheing the sport...and the more compettitve /serious cyclists thsat actually give a **** about the furthering of the sport....and is likely prepared to pay for it throug levies.

Personally I think that the sport ministry should be responisble and be throwing the money at the sport...BUT it is MUCCH MUCH easier to fleece the weekend bike rider for his hard earned cash...

Cycling is still relatively cheap in this regard. If you really want to feel ripped off, start paddling. Annual WCCU (Western Cape Canoe Union) fees are R820 per annum. And then still race entry fees on top of this plus club membership fees (required to join WCCU).

Whaaat???? Frigggin shocking!!

Seems most of sporting codes are funded through the members....if we want more gold medals ...we'll need some serious commitment from the sporting ministry!!

I'd LOVE to buy into this idealistic philosophy...but I've alsom kept my eyes and ear open...like Cricket SA....have you seen /read/ the controvery surrounding that national body??? What stops CSA from becomming just that??

Another issue that I disagree with you is that cyclists should not be responsible for furthering this sport to the highest level...and if so, then a distinction should be made between the average weekend warrior (who does not five two sh!ts about furtheing the sport...and the more compettitve /serious cyclists thsat actually give a **** about the furthering of the sport....and is likely prepared to pay for it throug levies.

Personally I think that the sport ministry should be responisble and be throwing the money at the sport...BUT it is MUCCH MUCH easier to fleece the weekend bike rider for his hard earned cash...

are you a Wannabee

This I agree with a lot.

Whaaat???? Frigggin shocking!!

Seems most of sporting codes are funded through the members....if we want more gold medals ...we'll need some serious commitment from the sporting ministry!!

Uuuum, that cant happen.

That money has been stolen by the minister and his cronies, much easier to fleece us.

Call it a tax if you will, thats essentially what it is