IM70.3 SA 2013

Blindspot

Well I don't know how you are going to do hill training without hills smile.png . I have done a 75km ride on Saturday with about 1200m elevation gain of which the toughest were 2 category 5 climbs (according to Strava) so I am fortunate to be surrounded with hills.

The best advice I can give (that works for me, but I am sure there will people who will differ) is to get used to spinning, that will save the legs for the return 45km and the run.

I am not sure how to approach the hills training, like you said, without hills. Currently I am doing hills work in the gym on a stationary bike. They have got those preprogrammed programs. But somehow this is not the same as being out on the bike. So other suggestions would help a lot.

• Replies 496
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I am not sure how to approach the hills training, like you said, without hills. Currently I am doing hills work in the gym on a stationary bike. They have got those preprogrammed programs. But somehow this is not the same as being out on the bike. So other suggestions would help a lot.

Try to wheelie your bike for 10 minutes at a time. This is the only way you will get used to having your front wheel higher than the rear wheel. The opposite also applies. To train for the downhills you will have to do a front wheel wheelie. biggrin.png

Do any of you guys know wher can I buy a gadget to count the laps done during my pool training sessions? Gets frustrating after a while to remember the amount of laps finished..

Do any of you guys know wher can I buy a gadget to count the laps done during my pool training sessions? Gets frustrating after a while to remember the amount of laps finished..

The Garmin Swim is R1500.

It will count your laps and give you your time split for each lap as well.

Or you can get the Garmin 910XT which is a complete triathlon watch which will also count your pool laps.

The Garmin Swim is R1500.

It will count your laps and give you your time split for each lap as well.

Or you can get the Garmin 910XT which is a complete triathlon watch which will also count your pool laps.

At this time I'm just looking for something cheap, must just press a button and show me a number..

At this time I'm just looking for something cheap, must just press a button and show me a number..

Cheaper is a bowl of smarties at the end of the pool. Eat one each time you pass it and divide by two at the end. Just need to know how many originally

Otherwise, just get the 910XT and make your best investment now if you carry on with tri's

Cheaper is a bowl of smarties at the end of the pool. Eat one each time you pass it and divide by two at the end. Just need to know how many originally

Otherwise, just get the 910XT and make your best investment now if you carry on with tri's

Yes with an already strecthed butged for the70.3 race, the Garmin will have to wait tilla later date. But the smarties can work..clap.gif

RACE # are out!

But the site is down???

Edit: Back up again. Race number 433

Edited by krl747

Dunno if im Ready.....

haven't been on the bike since 94.7...blink.png

How are the training going for all you??

Swimming Fine, Cycling fine, running will most probably get me to the end, however very slowly

Edited by krl747

• 2 weeks later...