29er upgrade

Rich Stan

I am looking to upgrade my current 26er HT to a 29er dually.

The bike I have has full xt but the bike I am looking at has the following specs:

DRIVETRAIN

Shifters SRAM X7, 2x10 Speed Front Derailleur SRAM X7 Rear Derailleur SRAM X9 Brakes Avid Elixir 5, [F] 180mm, [R] 160mm Brake Levers Avid Elixir 5 Cassette SRAM PG 1050 11x36, 10-Speed Chain SRAM PC 1051 Crankset SRAM X7, 26/39 Bottom Bracket SRAM GXP Press Fit

How does this compare to my XT? Will it be an upgrade or will i be disappointed?

Edited by Rich Stan

1) To jump from a 26HT to a 29DS is HUGE, you are skipping a beat, one you might regret. 29DS is "overkill", you already have a much more plush ride on a 29HT, which in many ways feels like a soft tail 26er.

2) Sram 10speed systems is a NOgo! They suck and left many Cape Epic warriors 'in the bollie' this year. Shimano got it right.

1) To jump from a 26HT to a 29DS is HUGE, you are skipping a beat, one you might regret. 29DS is "overkill", you already have a much more plush ride on a 29HT, which in many ways feels like a soft tail 26er.

2) Sram 10speed systems is a NOgo! They suck and left many Cape Epic warriors 'in the bollie' this year. Shimano got it right.

Nothing wrong with going from 26ht to 29ds. No need to go through the steps. If you want to go 29 ds, do it.

Also nothing wrong with SRAM 2x10 systems, I saw as many issues with Shimano as with SRAM at Epic.

I agree you should try to get X9 if possible.

Sorry Crazy, but I think you are speaking Bollie. A ht is a ht. please explain how a 29er ht is similar to a 26er ds..

Edited by CAAD4

A 29er HT is in no way as plush as a 29er dual. That story was the marketing triumph of 2011/12. That way they could sell you a HT and 2 years later a dual.

A 29er HT is in no way plush unless you have broken frame or a flat.

29er dual is cool. 26er dual is cool. Be the cool kid on the block and get a 650b dual. :clap:

Try to demo a bike and see how you like it. I had the luxury to demo a Singular 29er for a week before I decided to build my own.