Just wanting to rant

porqui

Just beeing an old fart but will feel much better after objecting to the exorbitant entry fee for the Argus

R330 ARE YOU INSANE

We pay more each year and get less each year. (Only half the straw bales at crutial points compared to other years etc. etc.)

My first Argus cost me like R25 or about - sure that was 23 years ago - entries were about 12000 = R300 000 and it was great.

Now R330 x 37 500 = R12 375 000 from entries only and most of their costs are covered by sponsors etc.

Damn are you insane!

Can't afford new bike used the same one for the last 21 rides - fees eating bike money

There now I feel much better

Popcorn please!!

Edited by porqui

It has come to a point where I do not do races anymore!!! Rather go out and do a training ride and only do a race or two a year. Same in the running races!!! How do u justify charging a fee of like 30bick for a 10km race!!! Crazy!!

I dont mind paying it for a race like the Argus.

Won't pay more than 200 for any small events

I got R30 discount as I am an PPA member :thumbup:

Considering full road closure, awesome vibe, awesome people, and loads of water points....why complain? If you dont like it don't enter.

It goes to charity.

As the saying goes "Charity begins at home"

Have you worked out the % increase compared to last year --- Are you insane?

That's crazy!! The DC is R375 entry and it's almost double the distance!!!

Yes, you need to bring your own food, own drinks and own back up car....

As the saying goes "Charity begins at home"

Have you worked out the % increase compared to last year --- Are you insane?

Well yes, I am insane, but that's a whole different thread. I can't even remember what happened this afternoon, let alone last year. And my maths is terrible; I think I got an F on standard grade. All that 100 over 1 stuff - who thinks them up?

I got R30 discount as I am an PPA member :thumbup:

Considering full road closure, awesome vibe, awesome people, and loads of water points....why complain? If you dont like it don't enter.

The problem is that I do like it. But R330 is a lot of money on a student budget for a one day event that is over in 3.25 hours. Plus those loads of water points? Not used by me. The benefits i make use of are the full road closure and (hopefully not) safety bales.

Mine cost R300 x 3 = R900 for the "team", but I still feel that it is a bargain compared to things like music concerts or the movies, or diesel for that matter.

That's crazy!! The DC is R375 entry and it's almost double the distance!!!

Any road closure? Any water points ?

Co

Compare apple as with apples man.

But yes it is still a lot of money.

If you don't use the wAterpoints maybe do a 2 nd round or a half round and stop and use them :-)

Or suggest to the organizers that people with different finishing times get a different discount. Sub3 you get 50% off , sub 3:30 40%,sub 4 30% and the rest pay full as they are using the road for longer?