And the Darwin award goes to...

durbanjacques

Me sadly, for riding the whole Spring Classic and only realizing in the wash bay that my fork was locked out the whole time :thumbdown:

And then disabling it for the ride up to the car :blush:

No wonder my arms were feeling like lead for the last few km's. Fun race though.

Darwin award would suggest you killed more that just your arms :D

Now you know you are ready to ride a rigid SS. Go on. Make the change.

I saw some of the ss bikes there, they do look like awesome machines but I think that is a bit above my fitness grade at the moment. If I had to choose just one gear for that race it would have been the granny ring. :mellow:

;) No dude, if you survived it you cannot be the winner. Post it in the "Dufus" thread instead.

I did the very first edition of this race on a bike without suspension. It nearly killed me. Couldn't move my wrists for a week

You get my sympathy. Type of daft dumb stuff that makes up most of my life

Mate of mine did Sabie challenge on full lockout, he thought that his fork had given up on him, felt like real tool when his LBS told him nothing wrong with fork ~ lol

That's nothing matt botha did 10 days of the freedom chdallenge before he noticed that the fork was locked out. By that stage his hands were so sore we had wrapped inner tubes on his grips to change the hand position!