Sram Red Versus Dura Ace

CMDC

Oh no this topic again. Test ride all three. Each has a different way of shifting, and different shaped hoods and levers, see which one works best for you. At the top end all three groups are equal on performance, the differential is price, aesthetic and form. My advise is to go with Shimano, due to price, ease of maintanence and functionality, I started off with a full DA setup and am basically bastardising it with Ultegra for the disposable bits (chains, rings, sprokets etc...)

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Why?

Bro, you call Shimano sh*t in the one line, and praise the brand in your next line, nuff to confuse all of us.

Edited by andrè traut

Put it this way...I used to use Shimano, Upgraded to SRAM...will never go back to Shimano...

and Campag is more for old people... ;)

Put it this way...I used to use Shimano, Upgraded to SRAM...will never go back to Shimano...

and Campag is more for old people... ;)

You funny, J B.

:oops:

Had DA 7900, moved over to Super Record and will not move back to DA. For me the campy shifters are much more comfi and I enjoy the shifting more. I just prefer the overall feel of campy. The best would be to test all 3 groupsets and make your decision on that.

Bro, you call Shimano sh*t in the one line, and praise the brand in your next line, nuff to confuse all of us.

Don't sweat.It's just a term of affection........like Slumstead,The Victorian Slimes in Fish Hoek etc etc :-)

I have ridden shimano 105/ultegra/duraace for 25 years. latest mtb has sram0 and sram9 components and they have been useless so far. Never had so many problems with brakes and fragile rear derailleurs

Shimano XT for MTB and Ultegra for ROAD - best option for me.

Edited by Max Headroom

Peter Sagan uses Red.

'Nuff said.

http://inrng.com/medias/img/sagantourdefranceboulogne.jpg

Andy Schleck uses Red.

'Nuff said. ;)

post-50-0-68852200-1347265738.jpg

Edited by eddy

Andy Schleck uses Red.

'Nuff said. ;)

Contador used SRAM as well when he won that....You can't blame the groupset if the mechanic was sh*t

Contador used SRAM as well when he won that....You can't blame the groupset if the mechanic was sh*t

I was not blaming anybody, or anything, merely pointing out the obvious. ;)

Oh, and just because Durex has worked for me, does not mean it has always worked for everyone. :whistling: