Chain Reaction Cycles experience

Clinton1

Hijack on. Anyone ordered from bike24.net out of Germany. Prices good and €20 postage. Campy prices not too bad. Hijack off.

€20 (R206) is not that great. Unless you are referring to DHL type delivery of actual bikes? CRC is R99 for standard delivery.

But since they changed their shipping policy, things take a LOT longer and there seem to be more stories about items not arriving. But that is more Royal Mail & SAPO - not CRC.

Also no complaints with CRC. Must agree that most of the delay sits with our reliable postal service as well as customs clearing

CRC isn't the problem. It's our local postage services. 5 days from Ireland to DBN International and a further two weeks to get from DBN Central post Office to DBN North!!!

I have been part of a large order from CRC that included parts and clothes. That order was split due to stock issues. We paid our duties as expected on some items and slipped through on others. Not really sure how customs work their stuff out...

Yeah, the talk of the post office is what had me worried about ever receiving my goods but no issues on my side. And even the delivery times and service were great! As stated the second package was hand delivered to my door. I assume the same applied to the first one but I was not here so the slip was left in the box.

I'd assume customs would slow delivery down anywhere surely? Each package needs to be checked and duties applied. I would imagine there would be quite a lot. 10 working days from the UK to here is still mighty impressive.

As for the duties themselves, I think the working out is well known (convert to rands, add different duty percentage to each item +10%), but how they decide what to apply it to or not is the confusing part. Some stuff seems to slip through. I see on the one order that had no duties applied CRC has not attached the invoice to the outside of the box in clear plastic like on the latter order (with duties). Both had vague mention on the box as to the contents therein with codes.

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Have all arrived so far using the standard delivery. Even on the standard delivery there is a tracking number with the email confirmation, so no need to pay extra for this service and you can track the goods internationally and locally :thumbup:

I never received any tracking number with my standard delivery. You sure you never went for the R199 "SA tracked delivery"?

Do DHL orders really come that much quicker? anyone used them?

Yep - used it to get a chainring I couldn't source locally last month. Ordered on Monday, arrived in SA on Tuesday pm and cleared customs on Thursday, arrived Friday. In time for the weekend!

Noticed their service slipping recently with regard to processing time,email replies,badly packed orders & wrong items sent. :whistling:

Secret shop will get my next order :thumbup:

I never received any tracking number with my standard delivery. You sure you never went for the R199 "SA tracked delivery"?

They don't send you a tracking number but if you look at your order on CRC you will see that Parcelforce.com (Royal Mail parcel business) does issue a tracking number that let's you know exactly where your parcel is.

Until it arrives in good ol RS of A that is. Then it enters a void like that found in the space in a Big Tex fanboy's head where the rest of us have brains.

Ordered toolkit Thursday evening, delivered Monday morning 10:00 could not believe it. (sure they not in SA? Then again it would take longer.)

Depending on exactly how much your order is worth, how much it weighs, and how big it is, they'll automatically upgrade you to ParcelForce and you'll get a tracking number as part of your free delivery. I'm not certain what the precise criteria are. More reason to club together for orders.

I had a Royal Mail delivery that took more than 4 weeks and CRC re-sent the order via ParcelForce. They're very good about that.

...waiting 11 weeks now for my multi-tool sent through royal mail from CRC :cursing:

Local post office cannot track as there is no tracking number through this service.

WTF am I supposed to do?

Edited by FuelEX

...waiting 11 weeks now for my multi-tool sent through royal mail from CRC :cursing:

Local post office cannot track as there is no tracking number through this service.

WTF am I supposed to do?

There is an 'Order Problems' page with various options: http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Help.aspx?HelpTopicID=116

Go to the 'Order not arrived' link and send them an email from there. I think they send you a form which you fill out and hopefully they send you a new item.

I've ordered from CRC many times and generally had no problems other than the time taken. Over Christmas, customs clearance can take up to 2 months! The other problem is if the wrong goods are delivered (it's happened twice to me), returns are difficult (costly and time consuming)

Recently ordered from Wiggle. There standard postage is tracked and faster than Chain Reaction. They also had better discount vouchers at the time. Based on my recent experience I would use Wiggle before CRC.

Positive, standard delivery, no need for tracked delivery!

Once you have purchased you get an email from CRC saying your order has been dispatched and a link to track and manage your order via the CRC website. If you view your order , right at the top it will say order complete, method of shipping (Royal Mail), date of shipping and shipping reference (which is ususally an EE reference number).

You can track it internationally on http://www.17track.net/IndexEn.html (if you want to)

You can then phone SAPO (0860 111 502) quoting this EE number and they will give you the local inbound ZA number (if has arrived in the country), which you can then ask them where it currently is (usually at customs), else track and trace online via the SAPO website http://www.parceltrack.co.za/ using the local ZA tracking number

:thumbup:

Edited by shaper

Noticed their service slipping recently with regard to processing time,email replies,badly packed orders & wrong items sent. :whistling:

Secret shop will get my next order :thumbup:

not so secret

Ordered some goodies from them on Thursday afternoon, the parcel was in the country by Saturday morning.

Received the parcel at 8am today.

Would of got it yesterday but was away for the weekend so couldnt do payment for tax and vat on the weekend.

WTF am I supposed to do?

log into CRC, view your recent orders, find the one that has not arrived and view order, shipping reference (tracking number) will be at the top (right). See my earlier response of how to locate with SAPO.

If no luck finding, then do as splat says to take up issue CRC of non delivery