best Maxxi tyres for J2C

amoryns

I would guess the IKON's would be the best,

I just bought a pair but havent fitted them yet, I will give feedback once I have done a few miles on them

I have done 2 JB2C's on Crossmarks and not a single puncture or cut sidewall pretty much bullet proof :thumbup:

Kevin Evans and Dave George did the entire race on Ikons with no issues. Unlike in the Epic of course...

are the ikons 29" specific or also available in 26"?

Locally I don't think you will be able to source them

CRC is your friend

Crossmark 835 grams

IKON 580 grams

Both weights are for 29er eXC/3C/EXO spec,

Avalible from CWC for R550 each

Oh, yes. We're talking JHB here. Of course the least grippy, hardest compound tire would be the go - to.

As soon as you're hitting pace in that soft, loamy KZN singletrack, you may have other thoughts. Especially if you're hauling a$$.

Put Crossmark on the back and Ikon on front an amazing combination, good reliabilty and excellent grip. I use both Ikon and Conti xkings on my bikes upfront only crossmarks full ust on the back, I would say the Ikon is slightly better up front. I weigh 90kgs and pump to 1.8 on the front and 2.0 on the back for both my 29er and 26 all are full tubeless on stans crest rims. enjoy your ride.