Tall (dark & handsome) Boy

Delilah

I can lend you a Fox CTD when you've done everything else to your frame....165x38?

Got to see this Badboy finished.

edit: Is the Talas CTD?

Edited by CarbonDual29er

• Replies 520
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I can lend you a Fox CTD when you've done everything else to your frame....165x38?

Got to see this Badboy finished.

edit: Is the Talas CTD?

WOW :eek: That is SO kind of you. Thank you for the generous offer!

I just checked my e-mail and found a tracking number sent by CWC. The shock left CT today. Should be here tomorrow or Monday :clap:

Now the only outstanding items are the Jagwire brake fitting kit and the Frameskin sticker set.

The fork is not a 2013 model and therefore not CTD unfortunately. It is RLC Fit. If I followed all the e-mails from CWC correctly the shock is an RP23.

WOW :eek: That is SO kind of you. Thank you for the generous offer!

I just checked my e-mail and found a tracking number sent by CWC. The shock left CT today. Should be here tomorrow or Monday :clap:

Now the only outstanding items are the Jagwire brake fitting kit and the Frameskin sticker set.

The fork is not a 2013 model and therefore not CTD unfortunately. It is RLC Fit. If I followed all the e-mails from CWC correctly the shock is an RP23.

Yay! Yay! Yay! Finally, the beast shall awaken!

For those of you who missed it earlier, I asked Dragons Sports about warranty and clear-coating:

I asked about warranty and clear-coat. He says anything except a stick-on protector for the undercarriage will void the warranty. Anything like a full-cover frame-protection kit is also not allowed because the adhesive may react with the carbon/resin if it is done on such a large scale :blink:

I thought this to be rather extreme, so e-mailed the warranty department of Santa Cruz in the USA.

Their warranty department manager's reply:

"That should be fine. Clear coat away.

Enjoy the bike."

For those of you who missed it earlier, I asked Dragons Sports about warranty and clear-coating:

I thought this to be rather extreme, so e-mailed the warranty department of Santa Cruz in the USA.

Enjoy the bike."

Where will your frame be warranteed ,yanks act pretty relaxed.Local agents not so much,they look for any reason to squirm out. Maybe 2x check...just saying :thumbup:

I'd just put a good quality frame protection kit over exposed area's... clear coating is really not required.. and it's going to be a pain to do... not as simple as you might think, and if the oke that is doing it is not super skilled you will end up with runs, different thickness, etc etc...

Also, please be careful when taking tools to bolts, I hate it when old/cheap tools and/or stupid people ruin the bolt heads, it ends up looking so crap....

Edited by TheV

Based on the perfect CWC shipping record you should have xmas in October sooner than you think.

Keep and eye on the gate tomorrow.

Turns out the strikes can even affect the ever-punctual Sun Uti:

Full history Timestamp Tracked at Description 05 Oct 2012 05:34 SUN (Johannesburg) WeighStation Auto 05 Oct 2012 05:31 SUN (Johannesburg) Received at Branch 05 Oct 2012 02:39 AUT (Johannesburg) Forwarded by Road to Branch 05 Oct 2012 02:39 AUT (Johannesburg) Received at Branch 04 Oct 2012 17:05 SUN (Cape Town) Forwarded by Air to Branch 04 Oct 2012 17:05 SUN (Cape Town) WeighStation Manual 04 Oct 2012 17:02 SUN (Cape Town) Received at Branch 04 Oct 2012 16:22 SUN (Cape Town) Collected

No delivery in Potch today :(

Print that reply out, keep it safe,

G

Enjoy the bike."