Tall (dark & handsome) Boy

Delilah

Mike replied and said he has a frame in stock. He cannot quite match the price, because the rrp went up recently. I'm VERY tempted to write off the difference though.

Sent CWC an e-mail asking for an explanation regarding "that other build" but still waiting for a reply.

Ye but CWC's price is without a shock .... :whistling: :w00t:

Shame D hope you have a nice weekend .

Time to hit the wine :thumbup:

• Replies 520
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Can of worms about to be opened...

Are the Santa Cruz frames from CWC grey stock?

Sounds like the rear shocks are if they claim they don't get them from Omnico

Something is quite odd.

Dont forget about my little Saint!

According to me Dragons bring in complete frames, meaning shocks included.

Yup, that's what I would have thought... that Santa Cruz would supply Dragon with a shock installed onto the frame.

Just about all manufacturers work like this (except Commencal). When they don't, then there's the hassle of getting the correct mounting hardware etc.

So if there is a rear shock issue, surely Dragon is able to go to the local Fox agents (Omnico) and sort it out, in stead of usng grey imports?!

Eish, I don't know what to think anymore. Isn't buying a bike supposed to be fun? :(

Latest reply from CWC:

Hi ******

I spoke to Chris and that deal was done over 4 weeks back where that frame was specially ordered when our suppliers still had stock and when I ordered the frame for you they didn’t had stock and that’s why we’re waiting such a long time and I understand completely your frustration and I ask your apologies for the inconvenience, but unfortunately it’s out of my hands as I want to keep you very happy customer and you don’t need to feel that there is something fishy going on as I can assure you that’s not the case, but will phone them first thing Monday morning to get the frame delivered to me!

Hope you have a great weekend!

Kind regards

Wayne

why can CWC not just take the schock from the original frame??

Now THAT is a really good question!

Delilah...... i've been inspecting and touching your (XTR) bits all afternoon... they are really hot! :clap:

Thanks for that, I needed a good laugh :lol:

Thanks for that, I needed a good laugh :lol:

Don't get us started... this thread can go to the dogs quickly....

just as long as they're well lubed... no need for resistance on the first try :ph34r:

XTR bits are made to get dirty... really dirty...

XTR bits are made to get dirty... really dirty...

Ja, but they should also just slip straight into place... No fouls. No hitches. Even when the going gets rough!

Or - to tie into another thread - One should always rout correctly!

ROTFL!!! You guys are too funny :lol:

A little more good news: my XTR bits will have nice carbon Easton bits to hang around with when they arrive. The CRC parcel finally came, no thanks to customs and strikes :rolleyes: It includes: EC70 low-rise bar, EC70 seatpost, EA90 70mm 0deg stem, Hope thru-axle hub conversion kit, Hope headset bits, Hope seatclamp, carbon spacers and very importantly: red bottle cage bolts :P

Be careful of over tightening that Hope seat clamp, it's an Al bolt and I manage to pop it. And its special design so you can just use another bolt. Although I love Hope products, that one has design flaw imo.

Be careful of over tightening that Hope seat clamp, it's an Al bolt and I manage to pop it. And its special design so you can just use another bolt. Although I love Hope products, that one has design flaw imo.

Ye superstar owns hope seatclamps for 5 pondt :whistling:

Yeah, read about that issue in the customer reviews on CRC. :unsure: Since the EC70 seatpost requires use of a torque wrench anyway, over tightening is less likely to occur. I decided to take a chance on the Hope seatpost clamp because it matches the other Hope goodies. If it strips, I'll just replace it

Guess one should be anal and torque all the bolts to their specified setting (especially on Carbon frames / bars / seat posts) however not always possible on the trail and on the go. That bolt on teh Hope clamp is specially turned / unique Aluminium one, it doesn't strip, the head breaks off.

I replaced it with a Nukeproof that uses a standard Allen bolt (and looks just as kewl)

http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Images/Models/150/59066.jpg

Love the little detail of theNuke sign at the back.

G

Guess one should be anal and torque all the bolts to their specified setting (especially on Carbon frames / bars / seat posts) however not always possible on the trail and on the go. That bolt on teh Hope clamp is specially turned / unique Aluminium one, it doesn't strip, the head breaks off.

I replaced it with a Nukeproof that uses a standard Allen bolt (and looks just as kewl)

http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Images/Models/150/59066.jpg