Tall (dark & handsome) Boy

Delilah

Fork you! :ph34r:

:lol:

Hmmm,

was thinking of getting a nice Rock Shox SID, but damm thats sexy.

G

G, with the build colour you have in mind, you also have the option of a white Fox Float which would be much less weighty...

• Replies 520
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

True True...

or a white Rockshox.

(if I get in the #1 color option)

G

:lol:

G, with the build colour you have in mind, you also have the option of a white Fox Float which would be much less weighty...

Another piece of the puzzle just arrived:

post-32658-0-28543900-1349341374_thumb.jpg

1798g with uncut steerer. A bit hefty, but not as bad as the trail-specific 29er Reba RLT Ti.

Haha...Span cash....anything lighter must be rubbish :drool: :whistling: :clap: :lol:

A bit hefty? That's a serious understatement!

A lefty would come in at 1355g, it's carbon and it's got not flex. It's also plush. But there are so many out there who prefer two legs to one!

A lefty would come in at 1355g, it's carbon and it's got not flex. It's also plush. But there are so many out there who prefer two legs to one!

Lefties are awesome except for price and when you need to have them serviced. With Fox or Rock Shox my LBS can service the fork, a Lefty has to be sent away.

Oh, and of course limited (and heavier) hub options...

Lefties are awesome except for price and when you need to have them serviced. With Fox or Rock Shox my LBS can service the fork, a Lefty has to be sent away.

Oh, and of course limited (and heavier) hub options...

New lefty fork is childs play to sevice...the main issue were the bearing migration which has now been eliminated.

Project 321 make awesome lefty hubs, at 125.6 grammes they are hardly heavier than a hope pro evo 2 at 185 grammes even without the quick release.

And cost? PM what you paid for your Fox and I'll PM you what I paid for my Lefty, hub and steerer tube.

But even having said that, your Tallboy with the black Fox Talas fork and the carbon hoops is going to look amazing.

Lefties look spaz!

I know..... that's why I love them!

I can't afford one either , do they make a lefty fork for AM?

Imagine a lefty DH fork.... hahaha

Edited by Skylark

I know..... that's why I love them!

I can't afford one either , do they make a lefty fork for AM?

Imagine a lefty DH fork.... hahaha

The new Cannondale Trigger in (in the "Overmountain" range) runs a 130mm lefty. The RZ 140 may have been running a 140mm lefty, I don't know. But yeah, I think that is as big as they get.

As for a left DH fork... I imagined it and almost instantly I could feel the pain that will ensue when that thing gives out :lol:

New lefty fork is childs play to sevice...the main issue were the bearing migration which has now been eliminated.

Project 321 make awesome lefty hubs, at 125.6 grammes they are hardly heavier than a hope pro evo 2 at 185 grammes even without the quick release.

And cost? PM what you paid for your Fox and I'll PM you what I paid for my Lefty, hub and steerer tube.

But even having said that, your Tallboy with the black Fox Talas fork and the carbon hoops is going to look amazing.

One of our Mates has just built up a black and red Tallboy like yours with a carbon Lefty, full XTR, R1 brakes and SLR wheels and it is a beaut!

I'm not arguing, but even if Lefties are now easy to service, my LBS will not touch them. I wash my own bikes, including chain scrub, but draw the line at trying to service an oily fork (prong?). :lol:

Regardless of the cost of Lefty vs. Fox, it would still have been a lot more expensive if I had to also replace hubs. See, I ordered the hubs and rims long before any of the other components... Maybe the next build ;)

post-32658-0-28543900-1349341374_thumb.jpg

1798g with uncut steerer. A bit hefty, but not as bad as the trail-specific 29er Reba RLT Ti.

That is so gorgeous I almost......

Where? How much?

That is so gorgeous I almost......

Where? How much?

Linky ;)

They're out-of-stock now... Not really surprising at that price

Wow, very nice... congratulations!!!!!

:w00t: just the frame and then it's ready to rock and roll???

Ps, can't remember, do you have a headset yet?

Oh... and the XTR BB is Black too..... :whistling:

Wow, very nice... congratulations!!!!!

:w00t: just the frame and then it's ready to rock and roll???

Ps, can't remember, do you have a headset yet?

Oh... and the XTR BB is Black too..... :whistling:

Hey V, thanks!

Well, actually the shockless frame arrived at noon today. I didn't have time to take a picture, because we came home at lunchtime and my camera is at work.

I'm now convinced the previous frame was old stock and on display in the shop or something. It wasn't damaged, but looked like it had been handled. The previous frame shipped in a random box, was poorly packed (rear derailleur mount actually punched through the box!), arrived with frame stickers, grease gun and chainstay protector.

The new frame arrived in a Santa Cruz box, beautifully packed. It is pristine. It arrived with the same goodies as the first PLUS a SC seatpost clamp, a protective insert in the seat tube, a DT Swiss 12x142 thru-axle, a grease cartridge for the grease gun. Finally, in a cruel twist, there was a Fox owner's manual in the box :rolleyes:

EDIT: Oops forgot to say, yes I have a headset for the frame - Hope pick 'n mix

Edited by Delilah