Pocket Knives ?

Scooter69

My trusty pocketknife, goes along on every ride, and pretty much always in my pocket.

Bought it in Chamonix, France earlier in the year.

On my 5am riding route, there is a particularly hairy section just as you hit a steep climb where I normally take it out, open and lock the blade, and keep it in my left hand, just as an in-case for peace of mind more than anything else.

Other than that it is mostly used for biltong and avo's...

I will still get one.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

...................Riding with an open knife, even slowly.....  :eek:

Ha, it gave me the shivers too! :eek:

Saw this little beauty at Next Field in Woodlands a while back. It was very tempting!!! Looks like a stainless blade, should be nice and hard.

post-19039-0-17592100-1411718506_thumb.jpg

Ha, it gave me the shivers too! :eek:

haha, I know I know, weighing up the options, I'd rather take the chance with an open knife.

The other morning I was approached by a slowly driving car with the lights off - about 100m away they switched on brights - blinding me, so out comes trusty pocketknife.  Nothing happened this time around - they seemt to have been sleeping in the car next to the road or getting down to business, and my light must have bothered them...

Did you catch the price ?

It was around R1600 if I remember correctly (I can double check tonight if you want an accurate price). Bit pricey for an Opinel in my opinion but it is a bone handle with what looks like a stainless so I guess it's not that expensive when compared to other knives of same material and quality

It was around R1600 if I remember correctly (I can double check tonight if you want an accurate price). Bit pricey for an Opinel in my opinion but it is a bone handle with what looks like a stainless so I guess it's not that expensive when compared to other knives of same material and quality

No problem, I expected it to be high, but that is in the upper end, and that just for a nice handle.

No problem, I expected it to be high, but that is in the upper end, and that just for a nice handle.

Yah that's true. But I'll drop by there tonight, have to be in Woodlands at 20.00 anyway. Just to confirm the price and material. But for some reason bone got damn expensive over the last year or so. I wanted to have a knife made as a Xmas gift to myself, was quoted R600 more just for a Giraffe bone handle and R400 for warthog tooth

Yah that's true. But I'll drop by there tonight, have to be in Woodlands at 20.00 anyway. Just to confirm the price and material. But for some reason bone got damn expensive over the last year or so. I wanted to have a knife made as a Xmas gift to myself, was quoted R600 more just for a Giraffe bone handle and R400 for warthog tooth

Thanks, will appreciate  :thumbup: