are expensive parts making us soft

Stretch

I'm of the view that many get top of the range everything for cycling due to the keeping up with the Joneses mentality. My opinion. Hate it if you want.

Could this be why we see so many 29's on the road?

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Correct only the Jones's would buy a 29" and ride it on the road, the rest buy them because they want to and ride it on the dirt.

Exactly, the only way to keep up with someone once they bought a 29er, is to buy one yourself. There, I turned this into a 26v29 thread. :-)

Exactly, the only way to keep up with someone once they bought a 29er, is to buy one yourself. There, I turned this into a 26v29 thread. :-)

Exactly, like if you go out for pizza and you order a large and your friend orders a medium he is going to leave less satisfied than you.

Even cheap parts become expensive to replace for the sake of a bit of fun in the mud and rain. If you get caught in bad weather on a ride then its just tough, you've got to forge on and head home! If you willingly go out in bad weather then its game on with your wallet and LBS later! For me its my bank balance vs softness!

Exactly, like if you go out for pizza and you order a large and your friend orders a medium he is going to leave less satisfied than you.

At least the guy who bought the medium can be satisfied that he's not a total twat

I'v done plenty muddy rides over the years... i'v also spent many days surfing in crappy onshore winds with blue bottles everywhere!!!

But now realise that surfing in those conditions and riding in the rain and mud arnt really that fun!! When the conditions are like that these days i bank a few credits with the wife and kids..... for when the conditions are good!!!

I'v done plenty muddy rides over the years... i'v also spent many days surfing in crappy onshore winds with blue bottles everywhere!!!

But now realise that surfing in those conditions and riding in the rain and mud arnt really that fun!! When the conditions are like that these days i bank a few credits with the wife and kids..... for when the conditions are good!!!

Spot on. Spent this morning hanging out with my kids. Will go ride this arvie if the sun comes out.

Spot on. Spent this morning hanging out with my kids. Will go ride this arvie if the sun comes out.

yip, i'll do a little ride this arvi.....

Buy a Yeti and put Shimano XT on it. Ride it in the mud.

Tomorrow you get hit by a bus and then your wife (or girlfriend) will just give your clean, unused, pristine MTB to the new shag in any case, then what do you have to show for it?

Well said TheV !!!!