are expensive parts making us soft

Stretch

What was that? :P :lol:

http://sphotos-e.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc6/s720x720/260097_120527904760927_1223106936_n.jpg

Is that downhill?

Sorry, just thought it was much more hardcore...

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

What was that? :P :lol:

http://sphotos-e.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc6/s720x720/260097_120527904760927_1223106936_n.jpg

Looks like my 6 year old son keepng busy on sunday afternoon

well for starters...those are a bunch of downhillers....and that looks lank easy to ride!

i think we need to get Mr Nigel hicks to post some rocky downhill sections from KZN......

now lets some mtb routes with rocks like that

how bout this then...

Giant trance 120mm. Open face helmet.

http://sphotos-b.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc6/s720x720/228818_120528478094203_1347797261_n.jpg

and not as easy as it may look to you ;)

Is that downhill?

Sorry, just thought it was much more hardcore...

oh no! definitely not more hardcore. Safety first you know! That pic is actually photoshopped ;)

how bout this then...

I do that with only 1 hand on the bars :whistling:

how bout this then...

http://sphotos-b.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc6/s720x720/228818_120528478094203_1347797261_n.jpg

If that is what downhill is, then my mates have misled me, because they have been leading me down tracks that look just as technical as that...on a non-downhill bike...

how bout this then...

getting better...getting better.......replace that with some of the igneous rocks that cut you up and spit you out ..and you have a regular days outing in northern kzn :whistling:

Edited by Stretch

Here along we all thought your riding up country looked like this

http://i.ytimg.com/vi/nDxZx7wbJi4/0.jpg

If that is what downhill is, then my mates have misled me, because they have been leading me down tracks that look just as technical as that...on a non-downhill bike...

Well, there is a Non-DH bike class, so you're welcome to come race ;)

well for starters...those are a bunch of downhillers....and that looks lank easy to ride!

i think we need to get Mr Nigel hicks to post some rocky downhill sections from KZN......

now lets some mtb routes with rocks like that

I'll admit that we don't have "mountain" in GP... so we try make up for it by having super rocky courses. Not so fun for riders and bike when things go wrong...

But then again... SA in general is lacking on the whole "mountain" thing (as most who have done an Alps trip will be able to testify)

SA is not the "mountain biking Mecca" or "hawaii of mountainbiking" or whatever was said on Super Cycling.

I'm not sure which area can make that claim... but Port du Soliel must be pretty darn close!

Edited by patches

That is a no downhill bike..........

Buy a Yeti and put Shimano XT on it. Ride it in the mud.

Tomorrow you get hit by a bus and then your wife (or girlfriend) will just give your clean, unused, pristine MTB to the new shag in any case, then what do you have to show for it?

Buy a Yeti and put Shimano XT on it. Ride it in the mud.

Tomorrow you get hit by a bus and then your wife (or girlfriend) will just give your clean, unused, pristine MTB to the new shag in any case, then what do you have to show for it?

What size is that Yeti and can you post a pic of your wife (or girlfriend) you know just in case that bus... :whistling:

So if the wind is blowing..........skip the ride?

yeah totally - cos the wind can cause so much damage to your components.

We talking about extreme situations here. And based upon responses i would say about 90% of people would rather save their components than ride in extreme mud conditions...and the other 10% have obviously enough money to not worry about it. Based upon reports i have had (and using the hill2hill as the reference for starting this thread) there was a very good chance that you would stuff up your components regardless of it being xx or x5 or deore or xtr.