Love is...

EZRider

Na bugger that treat it like its a MTB...... scratches dont make it go slower.

Not even one day old, will wait a while to scratch it!

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

oh no, rc planes and cycling - those must be the most expensive hobbies to have. at least in my case (lack of talent crashing my planes, lack of legs leading to upgrades that certainly will make me faster....)

Thanks, they are SIG kit full builds.

Midstar and a Something Extra.

Those are classic kits. I don't think you can get them anymore. Please say you saved the plans in a safe place. I am busy restoring a Great Planes Cub 60 size.

Getting there...

American Classic 420 Aero 3 with folding Gators

Shimano 11/28 Ultegra Cassette

Easton EC70 Post with Selle Italia Flite saddle

Easton EA90 stem

Pro PLT compact bar

Blackburn cages

post-7301-0-64279100-1347884284.jpg

Here is the Extra, flies any which way you want!

those extra's are really great planes. You should consider an electric conversion. Its so much simpler and you'll be surprised how much juice you get out the new lipo's now days

Those are classic kits. I don't think you can get them anymore. Please say you saved the plans in a safe place. I am busy restoring a Great Planes Cub 60 size.

I love Great Planes kits.

Yes, I have the plans and unopened box sets of both too along with a Wonder, LT Kadet, Balsa USA Stick and a few others I am saving for when I am old and can't cycle any more.

Post the cub when you are done!

those extra's are really great planes. You should consider an electric conversion. Its so much simpler and you'll be surprised how much juice you get out the new lipo's now days

I fly electric as well. On the .40-.50 size planes it starts getting expensive beside, I like the smoke and smell of nitro.

Reminds me of when my dad used to take me to the airfield.

oh no, rc planes and cycling - those must be the most expensive hobbies to have. at least in my case (lack of talent crashing my planes, lack of legs leading to upgrades that certainly will make me faster....)

Try flying big RC choppers for a while. When you go back to planes your wallet will sigh with relief!

I fly electric as well. On the .40-.50 size planes it starts getting expensive beside, I like the smoke and smell of nitro.

Reminds me of when my dad used to take me to the airfield.

yeh - i love the smell. I just find electric so much simpler. But yes, on the bigger planes batteries start getting heavy

I love GP kits too, some of the best quality kits, not into the ARF thing. Have two GP Super Sportster Kits The 60 and 90-120 size.

See there is a chap here in CTN that is selling a Something Extra Funfly kit.

BTW... Your bike looks stunning..

Nice to see similar minded souls around.

Between my bikes, my son's mx bike, rc helis, rc planes, plastic kits, surfskis, k1 and double kayak, as well as my woodworking tools it's a wonder my wife still keeps me around. She has been nagging that we need to spend some more money on the home. :clap:

I hope she never find out what I just spent on that 2013 XT groupset.

BTW, those wheels look damn nice. Almost bought a CAAD10 myself, if that sweet deal on the BMC SLX frame did not come along, I would have.