First ride at Tokai, need some pointers!

fran7802

Ja, Hopefully one day I can make a build day

Then let us know when it suits you, we plan 'round your schedule on the next build.. .. and I motion we work on the snake trails so you also have a say in a feature..

How's the riding going Fran? If you're on an Enduro, you have the best type of bike for every trail in Tokai. :thumbup:

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

LoL, I would possibly be available on a sunday, but because I work a 6 day week, sunday is normally family day. I would have to work around that first!!! Saturdays I get home around 2pm, then if I am lucky i get to go ride, that is if I dont have any other stuff to do first. I hate working on a sat!!! unfortunately nothing I can do about it.

How's the riding going Fran? If you're on an Enduro, you have the best type of bike for every trail in Tokai.

Agreed, had my Enduro down there for few weeks in June/July and fell in love with my bike all over again... nothing like using it on trails that its made for.

Infact make sure you conserve some energy so when you get to the bottom you can ride back up and do it all over again... thats how i felt anyway :clap:

Also goes a long way when you ride proper trails prepared and maintained by guys who know what they doing and are passionate about it too :thumbup:

Infact make sure you conserve some energy so when you get to the bottom you can ride back up and do it all over again... thats how i felt anyway :clap:

Ha ha, right on!

Thanks for the compliments.. the riders essentially build the trails.

PS When you come down again, your sock should be blown off by some of the changes. :drool:

LoL, I would possibly be available on a sunday, but because I work a 6 day week, sunday is normally family day. I would have to work around that first!!! Saturdays I get home around 2pm, then if I am lucky i get to go ride, that is if I dont have any other stuff to do first. I hate working on a sat!!! unfortunately nothing I can do about it.

The offer is open, you call a day when you find a work-around working. :)

• 1 month later...

Hello guys!

My name is Pablo, I`m 29 years old from Spain and will be working at Cape Town for the next two months. I will love riding cape town`s mountains on weekends but I don`t know them at all.

I like enduro, singletracks and technical trails, where should I go? Is there any group ride I could join? Riding with someone who knows the trails would be awesome!!

I use to ride a Giant Reign and I would like to rent a similar trail/enduro bike. Where can I find it? The best I've found so far is a Giant Trance for 450R/day at irideafrica.com

Thanks!

Edited by pabloantu

Welcome Pablo, the Trance is perfect for most trails in CT. If I am not mistaken, Dan at iRide has just upgraded his bikes, so it will be a 2013 Trance.. even better!

Tokai/Table Mountain (North)/Jonkershoek/Eden/Gspot/Lebanon are a few names to get you going. Tokai is the closest singletrack to Cape Town, start there and ask around. You'll find most guys are happy to offer information.

Hello guys!

My name is Pablo, I`m 29 years old from Spain and will be working at Cape Town for the next two months. I will love riding cape town`s mountains on weekends but I don`t know them at all.

I like enduro, singletracks and technical trails, where should I go? Is there any group ride I could join? Riding with someone who knows the trails would be awesome!!

I use to ride a Giant Reign and I would like to rent a similar trail/enduro bike. Where can I find it? The best I've found so far is a Giant Trance for 450R/day at irideafrica.com

Thanks!

Hello Pain or Shine, thanks for your reply.

You're right, if I don't find anyone to ride with I will just go out and ask, sure I will enjoy it!!

What kind of trails will I find at Tokai? Are there technical trails, flowing singletracks,...? I don't mind driving to one of the other areas you told me, which one will you suggest me?

Thanks again!!

Hi all, im heading off to Tokai over the next few days! My skill level is pretty good, I'm no expert downhiller, but can handle a good decent!

Where to start? I'm looking for nice flowing sections, it seems that I will have to do some climbing before descending?

Where do i get a ticket? In the week riding? Where to park? Where to start my ride for the best flowing sections? DH3, what's it like? Can incorporate a nice trail ride into a decent?

I'll be riding alone, so don't wanna get lost!?

Anyway, anyone got a map that they can guide me on route please!?

Or someone willing to meetup for a ride I'm here until Friday!?

Cheers

So did you get out to Tokai and was it fun?

Hello Pain or Shine, thanks for your reply.

You're right, if I don't find anyone to ride with I will just go out and ask, sure I will enjoy it!!

What kind of trails will I find at Tokai? Are there technical trails, flowing singletracks,...? I don't mind driving to one of the other areas you told me, which one will you suggest me?

Thanks again!!

All of the above.

Downhill, XC, AM, some tech, some flow but overall lost of fun no matter what you do. The trail changes with speed, add some and you land up riding a trail different to the people you pass. Ride slow and the technical difficulty increases, a lot!

Ride early or late afternoon around 3/4pm. Try and avoid this sun if you can, it gets really hot and dusty up there!

I'll be riding Tokai for my first time tomorrow morning, if anyone wants to join will be more than welcome.

I've got the Tokai trail map from irideafrica.com and will try to find some red trails (after the trying one of the red ones I will decide if I'm brave enough to hit a black one or need to go for a blue onewacko.png )

I'll be riding Tokai for my first time tomorrow morning, if anyone wants to join will be more than welcome.

I've got the Tokai trail map from irideafrica.com and will try to find some red trails (after the trying one of the red ones I will decide if I'm brave enough to hit a black one or need to go for a blue onewacko.png )

Hey Pablo, did you find what you were looking for?

Hey Pablo, did you find what you were looking for?

Yeah, really enjoyed the day. I did several runs up and down, specially liked the twisty Bridal Path and the black downhill trails, not as technical as I imagined (except for the jumps).

Short trails but very funny, and amazing trail building up there, nice job!

If weather looks nice I will hit the trails again this weekend, as I said if anyone wants to join it will be nice, just let me know.

Edited by pabloantu

Confirmed, I will be at Tokai on Sunday. Anyone else will be around? It will be cool to ride with the locals!