Breedts Nek Group Ride - Saturday 29 September 2012

Nancy Drew

would love to join for this ride but it is the week before 3 Towers at Mankele.I made the mistake of riding breedts nek the week before Barberton this year and trust me I am not making that mistake again.

If you don't get carried away with all the manne that say they don't ride fast and then go out like bats out of hell, and you take it at a pedestrian pace (i.e. my pace), and only ride to the top and back, it can only be good for 3 Towers. Just slow and easy..... stick with me and I'll guarantee that you don't blow it for 3 Towers.... just sayin' ;)

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Some of us attempting the 57km will not be the most fit bunch of fatties at the ride.

If you are interested in attempting the ride but you are worried about your fitness and endurance then let me know. Myself and Skandalis will ride until we puke and then turn around and go home. You are welcome to ride in our little group of slowpokes :D

Some of us attempting the 57km will not be the most fit bunch of fatties at the ride.

If you are interested in attempting the ride but you are worried about your fitness and endurance then let me know. Myself and Skandalis will ride until we puke and then turn around and go home. You are welcome to ride in our little group of slowpokes :D

Well! I am very glad to read there are other slow pokes out there... was a bit worried about being left behind and all. :unsure:

Just a quick one - how long is the drive from PTA East? Just so I can plan properly and get there on time. Never been there so hope the directions are spot on..... ?

would love to join for this ride but it is the week before 3 Towers at Mankele.I made the mistake of riding breedts nek the week before Barberton this year and trust me I am not making that mistake again.

Sir, you are not making any sense. What we encounter during the first 10km on day 1 is much worse than Breedts. Besides this is Saturday and we only start 6 days later on the Friday. Lots of time to rest, might even get another Breedts ride in after that on Tuesday and/or Wednesday.

Just a quick one - how long is the drive from PTA East? Just so I can plan properly and get there on time. Never been there so hope the directions are spot on..... ?

I am also coming from Pta East - will be going via N4 which will be shorter than N14. I would say about an hours drive

1 hour drive.

Well in that case I AM IN!!!! (not the puking part but the slow and 'fettie' part!!) :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

I am also coming from Pta East - will be going via N4 which will be shorter than N14. I would say about an hours drive

Thanks!

Well in that case I AM IN!!!! (not the puking part but the slow and 'fettie' part!!) :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

+1!!!