Renault clio bike rack solution

snakesmile

2003 Renault Clio. Old, boring, unreliable, and my car. The joys.

Does any know where I can get hold of some roof racks that fit a Clio *or* or rear panel bike rack solution that is compatiable with this car's horrifically curved window?

Sorry to not post this in the classified section--my query goes a bit further than 'wanted', all the way to 'is this even possible'.

Cheers lads

post-2806-0-33933900-1347988549.jpg

Check the Saris Bone 3

http://www.saris.com...nes-3-bike.html

Have one, fit my Audi A3, Land Rover Disco 2, and my Citi Golf.

All Legs and arms can be setup independently, therefore fit basically any shape. Even on/over the fifth wheel of an Offroad Vechile.

Edited by Andro

Saris Bones is very nice.

Looking for something to fit a Honda Jazz with a root spoiler. Hardest thing on earth from the looks of it.

Have a towbar made by Steelite in Jhb. They made all of mine when I drove French cars and were half the price of Bosal and others, if you could find them. Can't see where the OP is located. They weren't SABS approved at the time, but that never bothered me, and your Cio is old anyway. Look them up on www.steelite.co.za if you are in JHB.

Does Thule not have an option. My cling on bike rack from them fits many different cars without any hassle. It has plenty of setting options.

You can have my old Holdfast rack with individual arms and straps hooks. It's hanging in my garage since I now use a towbar version. Pity you're in joburg - you could have come and tried it. It's yours. :-)

Looks like a good deal for the 2 bike rack.

Unfortunately won't work for us. Fuji and the cruiser both have strangely shaped frames.

There are plenty of options guy.

If you are in the woodmead area check out Solomons - they have holdfast, thule and saris last I checked, and Thule is also right across the road.

I bought a removable towbar from Thule for around 3k for my 1 series - I doubt it will be more than that for the clio.

Towbar is the way to go since the rack is easily removable to dump in the boot.