Giro d'Italia 2013

tombeej

• Replies 336
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Would have loved to Nibs at the TDF this year with that form!

I think he'll contend we'll.

Hope so.

Well....................I got so excited I had to go out and enjoy a very rare, cracked pepper coated Sirloin, minty baby potatoes and a glass of Kanonkop Cabernet at The Butcher Shop and Grill in Sandton to celebrate a great Giro. :D

Yummy

Michele Scarponi (Lampre-Merida) crossed the finish line screaming. Not because he had lost out on a chance to secure a spot on the Giro d’Italia podium, but because it felt like someone was pushing razors into his frozen hands.

“Freddo! Molto freddo!” Scarponi said with a grimace, sticking his hands into his soigneur’s jacket. “I have never been so cold!”

Velonews

Circuit style ending tomorrow for the final 30 kms or so.

Gonna be hot for the sprinting trains as teams seek final Giro glory.

GO VIVIANI

Edited by ' Dale

"I had a technical problem at two kilometers to go all the way to the finish and that cost me second place," is all Evans is quoted as saying.

Evans was livid when he stopped at the BMC minivan, just past the finish area, pushing away team staff to look at his gears and bike. His sprockets were covered in slushy snow and so perhaps stopped him from using his preferred gear.

He did not speak to the media waiting in the snow, switching to a more comfortable BMC Mercedes team car for the evacuation down the climb to the team buses.

Later the BMC team issued a press release confirming the mechanical problem that had cost Evans second place overall.

Cyclingnews

Edited by ' Dale

"I had a technical problem at two kilometers to go all the way to the finish and that cost me second place," is all Evans is quoted as saying.

Evans was livid when he stopped at the BMC minivan, just past the finish area, pushing away team staff to look at his gears and bike. His sprockets were covered in slushy snow and so perhaps stopped him from using his preferred gear.

He did not speak to the media waiting in the snow, switching to a more comfortable BMC Mercedes team car for the evacuation down the climb to the team buses.

Later the BMC team issued a press release confirming the mechanical problem that had cost Evans second place overall.

Cyclingnews

Slaap jy nie?

Cyclingnews

To me it looked like he was having a full battle before the 2km mark..

Cyclingnews

That's unfortunate, he did look as if he had recovered somewhat on the rest day and was looking stronger, but I think in his heart he knows those are the breaks, its upsetting of course, but, it can happen to anyone, I think he knows that.

Michele Scarponi (Lampre-Merida) crossed the finish line screaming. Not because he had lost out on a chance to secure a spot on the Giro d’Italia podium, but because it felt like someone was pushing razors into his frozen hands.

“Freddo! Molto freddo!” Scarponi said with a grimace, sticking his hands into his soigneur’s jacket. “I have never been so cold!”

Velonews

Yeah, he suffered in the cold, Santambrogio too, couldn't respond quick enough so lost a bit of time. Again those are the breaks, the conditions were the same for everyone, but Nibali was just fantastic, soloing away for three odd Kilometers on the queen stage means you are supremely confident in your condition. No denying it, he deserved the win.

Nibs had an inspiring Giro but I have to say that I am really impressed with the young Betancur

Thanks GOG, now i'm hungry all over again and i was just thinking of going to bed

TBH i cannot believe Nibali is so strong compared to the others, pity a healthy Wiggins was not around to make it harder for him.

Glad he won tho

(hope thats not a jinx i put on him now....)

:lol: - Yeah, it was nice, although you pop over here regularly, do you ever go the the Butcher Shop.? Its a carnivore's delight. :lol: Try it next time you are here.

.........but Yeah, it is a pity Wiggins retired, Hesjedal too actually, although I am not sure they could have won, they may have made it a lot more difficult I agree, but........Yah, Nibali was in a class of his own.

Nibs had an inspiring Giro but I have to say that I am really impressed with the young Betancur

Indeed, me too. He had a rough time yesterday after the bike change, and if Saxo DID put on the pressure to try and distance him when he was trying to come back..............well, he showed them what he thought of that.!

I was sceptical after reading about Evans' problems but watching highlights it seems like he is pushing too big a gear and therefore battled. Maybe he wasn't able to select the right gear?

Fully agree with Betancur comments, will be following his progress.