[Event] Cradle Quest 2012

GrootSeun

I know this is going to be hard but man I can't wait! clap.gif

Just checked the route and profile....we doing oom piets this time, not as bad as greek church and jou blixem at the end of the trailseeker. The middle part looks tougher for sure. Hou vas jou matras

• Replies 424
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I hope you guys haven't included that ridiculous rocky downhill that was in the Nissan Trailseeker VG race. Saw way too many people going straight over their handlebars there, wasn't fun.

Spoke to Eric after Saturdays race about Cradle Quest. He said it will be a tiny bit harder on the 70km route than the Nissan VG, so that should sum it up for you.

Guess I have no choice at this stage but to ride the bike with gears............ Can't wait already entered. Oh and i tested the Ale House beers out yesterday. Very nice

I hope you guys haven't included that ridiculous rocky downhill that was in the Nissan Trailseeker VG race. Saw way too many people going straight over their handlebars there, wasn't fun.

I hope they do...will have 100mm under my wit boude this time not 0mm, if you look at the profile, we are going over the mountain....so its gonna be tough. I am actually more scared of the oom piets down...cause its at speed with ruts and after the rain we had recently they will be nice and deep. The okes that ride there often will know what I am talking about.

Spoke to Eric after Saturdays race about Cradle Quest. He said it will be a tiny bit harder on the 70km route than the Nissan VG, so that should sum it up for you.

Guess I have no choice at this stage but to ride the bike with gears............ Can't wait already entered. Oh and i tested the Ale House beers out yesterday. Very nice

Hope he makes a batch of the clove weis. Man that was good stuff. You should apply as a QC manager at his pub.

I better get my entry in!

Sounds like a considerable challenge once again. I'm sure doing Oom Piets will be tougher than Greek church and Jou Blixem!

Where are you guys finding the route profile?

I better get my entry in!

Sounds like a considerable challenge once again. I'm sure doing Oom Piets will be tougher than Greek church and Jou Blixem!

Where are you guys finding the route profile?

Nah stock standard oom piets isn't as tough as the church + jou blixem.....its jou blixem that mindfarks you at the end...and we doing the full river home this time whooooooop whooooooop. Its the middle that I am worried about.

post-9825-0-70692200-1352102652_thumb.jpg

Actually now that I am looking at the map...I am not so sure its oom piet's anymore...new trail me thinks...scared

Nah stock standard oom piets isn't as tough as the church + jou blixem.....its jou blixem that mindfarks you at the end...and we doing the full river home this time whooooooop whooooooop. Its the middle that I am worried about.

Joh joh joh! This is looking good!

That sojourn up the 'berg at the end - naaice! Not the same as last year, we went up more to the west.

As for technical downhills, the VG routes here are known for that, you have been warned! Although most of us learn the respect for these routes the hard way.

That sojourn up the 'berg at the end - naaice! Not the same as last year, we went up more to the west.

As for technical downhills, the VG routes here are known for that, you have been warned! Although most of us learn the respect for these routes the hard way.

Defnitely not oom piets as I thought at first....new piece lekker! It kicks like a mule if I look at the pofile

I'm still pulling thorns out my arms from when I went over my handlebars at the VG race, so I learnt the hard way already and would rather just have sections that I can ride without fear of death.