[Event] NISSAN TRAILSEEKER #5 Hakahana

Tim_Fair

Awesome race! True mountain biking terrain with just enough flat sections to keep the racing interesting.

This was a race where not only fitness plays a role, if you have skill this is the race where it was definitely to your benefit.

I also saw those guys taking a detour through the bushes to the right.

WHAT IS UP WITH THAT?

There was still some relatively serious climbing after that which would have added approximately another 10 mins easily.

Was shocked to see fellow MTB'ers doing that in such a special event.

Please stay away if that is your mentality.

Probably the same people that has road rage and drives like maniacs on the road with no respect to other drivers.

Well done to the Advendurance team!

• Replies 411
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

you mean "there"

ha ha was great meeting you...i really hope you get well soon...look forward to racing you

The 70 was a tough race with some insane climbs and the Gerotek section at the end almost killed me, but it was a fun day out... beats sitting on the couch getting fat!

Started riding the 70km SS and busted my frame after 8km. Rode back phoned the brother in law down the road and for my punishment he brought his trek 29er bike for me (29inch front 26in back and u guys thought i was talking dirty). Got it just in time to join the GF on the 40km. So had an interesting day out. Track was fun. Helped a few guys with mechanicals and couple of cold beers at the end. Anyone want a gary fisher frame? For free ha ha.

Nice race climbs was ok but hated the desents.Had a couple of wrong turn had to go back but still a good race.Nice to meet a lot of hubbers

Edited by Pieterg

It was a great race - very tough for me and I enjoyed it a lot, made me realise that I am not as fit as what I thought. It was also great to meet some of the other hubbers.

Great race. Tough as hell.

Wo was with me when we almost made the Buck Norris sequel?

Are you refering to the 2 zebra's? Was quite something!

It was a tough one but really awesome. Went out to hard and struggled a bit with cramp about 50km in. The climbs were tough but the views amazing! We ned more races like this!

Are you refering to the 2 zebra's? Was quite something!

That was me I think, I thought that thing was going to run me flat stukkend...

Great race. Tough as hell.

Wo was with me when we almost made the Buck Norris sequel?

Saw a buck jumping across the track just ahead where we had the big castle on our right. There were 2 more but they backed off. We were 3 riders together.

Awesome but tough race, great seeing everyone!

Big crash in the first 5km in the 70km, lucky I missed it. Sorry to hear about the broken bike swift, I wondered what happened to you.

Edited by jcza

Not too worried about the bike not the newest frame. Back a geared bike i guess for a little while :-(

Sounds like doing the 40km we missed quite a bit of buck action.

Was speaking to the camera man on the 2nd time i stopped on the wooden bridge about 8km into the race. Believe some youngster crashed off the bridge and concussed himself.