Mankele 3 Towers

Terence Hope

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Sounds like you guys had an absolute blast! I'm in for next year :thumbup:

Do it joe...its really as good as the okes say here. It small enough so that you dont queue for everything and the race feels really personal. The food is topclass so are the facilities, nevermind the riding. I mean Swift01 mentioned that either Geoff or Mark we walking down this climb on day 2(just before waterpoint2) and it was about 5 degrees hotter than the hell on Saturday, pouring water over guys that needed it.

Yeah Typhoon just tried to sell B&G decent the entry to me. Naturally he didn't know what my bank manager looked like so he would have know the answer would be no :thumbdown:

Man I don't even want to go wash my bike properly cause it will just remind me I have to wait another year for the towers race. Suppose Dec is not too far away although they only have the tunnels open for about 1.5 months until the grow over then thats it, back to the normal routes which are still great.

Yeah Typhoon just tried to sell B&G decent the entry to me. Naturally he didn't know what my bank manager looked like so he would have know the answer would be no :thumbdown:

Man I don't even want to go wash my bike properly cause it will just remind me I have to wait another year for the towers race. Suppose Dec is not too far away although they only have the tunnels open for about 1.5 months until the grow over then thats it, back to the normal routes which are still great.

My nr is staying on until someone forces me to remove the team "Frikkie - 2" board - memories for a lifetime.

They also had a bakkie going up and down the 14km climb for the back guys handing out water. Was agreat welcome in the heat. I told him to make money R10 for 2 minutes in the front cab of the bakkie with air-con. Guys would have waited 30 min just to get 2 min of air-con. Add a cold beer and you could ahve charged R50

Lekker he was at our table the whole time. If you don't come right let me know and I will pm his no.

PS, you featured quite a bit in the tour of legends on myway mtb last night.

Saw it. Gnarly was also on (Europcar kit) and spinnekop. Got response from typhoon.

Ha Ha I think i would get funny looks rocking up to work with my number board. "Foggy goggles and the bar fly"

Do it joe...its really as good as the okes say here. It small enough so that you dont queue for everything and the race feels really personal. The food is topclass so are the facilities, nevermind the riding. I mean Swift01 mentioned that either Geoff or Mark we walking down this climb on day 2(just before waterpoint2) and it was about 5 degrees hotter than the hell on Saturday, pouring water over guys that needed it.

Sounds lekker - Just need to find a team mate for next year. You coming to the next trailseeker?

MikeBike - my bad @ that punctured spare tube I gave you - promise it wasn't planned to set you back more minutes :whistling:

Edited by Karma

Sounds lekker - Just need to find a team mate for next year. You coming to the next trailseeker?

Yea, 3 towers was my training prep for VG....

@karma...sneaky move...must remember it...I will have a stash of empty bombs and punctured tubes for guys along the route :whistling:

My garmin showed 41 at the top fo the climb. Ok we did spend loads of time there, changing & patching tubes. Joe you will never regret it. I loved that long climb - out of nowhere I spotted the green machine with karma on board!

My garmin showed 41 at the top fo the climb. Ok we did spend loads of time there, changing & patching tubes. Joe you will never regret it. I loved that long climb - out of nowhere I spotted the green machine with karma on board!

good conversation made that hill much shorter :thumbup:

MikeBike - my bad @ that punctured spare tube I gave you - promise it wasn't planned to set you back more minutes :whistling:

im only believing you coz you were in the other race... but thanks for the intention..it was really appreciated. that was one thing that amazed me. i had a really *** day and the number of people who helped a total stranger with tubes and bombs and patches was amazing. all adds to the experience..one helluva great bunch of people

im only believing you coz you were in the other race... but thanks for the intention..it was really appreciated. that was one thing that amazed me. i had a really *** day and the number of people who helped a total stranger with tubes and bombs and patches was amazing. all adds to the experience..one helluva great bunch of people

Builds character, jeez Mike you were determined to finish! Well done!

Builds character, jeez Mike you were determined to finish! Well done!

Yep - never seen anyone with so many "punctures" smile so much, well done meneer.

Edited by Karma