PYGA vs SPECIALIZED epic

johanlouw

I know.... But that makes me so sad. I even asked them to make me a special one... They said no.

Have a look on the Pyga FB page - they're asking if there are any other colours you'd like to see.... I think they will make special colours as there is a white 110 down here and it looks flippin fantastic..

Tom

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The taxi yellow is the Pascoe which is based on the Onetwenty650 frame.

The OneTen29's is a lump type of green now.

G

Would like a 650b 120 in taxi yellow......wonder if they will do custom colour?

gummi

mm, closest you'll get to that atm is a Pascoe with a 120mm fork.

Pat/Pyga actually posted a thread on their FB page last day/2 asking for what colours people are looking for and what type of riding they're doing, go have a look and give you 2 pennies.

G

h

Would like a 650b 120 in taxi yellow......wonder if they will do custom colour?

Have a look at the Pivot mach 429 there is an article in the Tread mag which is spot on with its review, I have one and it climbs like a beast and even better down the track, it has all the latest tech kashima coated rear shock, rear thru axle and a very special pivot systm frame comes in at about 2.8 kg which isnt light but much stiffer and quieter than my Anthem 29er

I have mine sitting at 11.7 kg without anything special XT group and Arch EX which are great wheels

dont get sucked into the numbers the best is to get test riding, the numbers are a good guide, my Pivot was about 20 secs quicker on one of the short trails, the one above boom slang mostly due to stiffness and no frnt tyre washout, the bike is very predictable

I know there is a demo bike in Hout Bay if you're interested

+1 on the Mach 429 - have one (also w XT & Arch EX although mine was over 12kg not 11.7) - great bike but have now switched to Mach 429 Carbon which is even better.

• 4 months later...

I have fairly recently gone from a sworks carbon ht 26, to a pyga oneten! Of course it depends on your preferences, and perhaps try both, but the pyga is way more fun and if you ask me feels much faster in every way, I haven't touched the old bike since getting the pyga. I agree the camber is the spez bike to compare to the oneten. For me there is only one answer,I haven't had a seconds regret. Now I haven't seen a camber evo in the flesh, that may do it, but at almost double the price nah....

Erm... yeah. Not. Spez is a good bike brand, to be sure. And you're only locked in to proprietary tech if you decide to keep their tech. You can use other settings / bits - as shown in the Epic / Camber / Enduro where in some of them they have specced normal FOX RP23's and such.

So sorry dude, they may be slightly more expensive than Silverback & Scott etc, but not much so. And the proprietary tech argument doesn't hold any water. You're not FORCED to go BRAIN.

Yes but switching out tech/shocks usually costs money, I like to buy a bike with minimum upgrades needed. And Silverback is significantly cheaper than Spez, can`t wait to try the new Sesta. There is also just a thing about Spez as in there is some truth that many of the rich lesser skilled riders can be found on Spezzes.

Come now, just stand out, be part of a select few and join the PYGA family, promise you will never regret it.

G

(hehehe, you want that bike with a shirt ;)  ... )

Yes but switching out tech/shocks usually costs money, I like to buy a bike with minimum upgrades needed. And Silverback is significantly cheaper than Spez, can`t wait to try the new Sesta. There is also just a thing about Spez as in there is some truth that many of the rich lesser skilled riders can be found on Spezzes.

I have fairly recently gone from a sworks carbon ht 26, to a pyga oneten! Of course it depends on your preferences, and perhaps try both, but the pyga is way more fun and if you ask me feels much faster in every way, I haven't touched the old bike since getting the pyga. I agree the camber is the spez bike to compare to the oneten. For me there is only one answer,I haven't had a seconds regret. Now I haven't seen a camber evo in the flesh, that may do it, but at almost double the price nah....

can't compare a 26HT to a Pyga Oneten, they are totally different bikes. Most people would leave the 26HT waiting to be ridden, while tearing it up on the Pyga. Me, Spez Epic no doubt although the new Pyga's look fantastic! 

can't compare a 26HT to a Pyga Oneten, they are totally different bikes. Most people would leave the 26HT waiting to be ridden, while tearing it up on the Pyga. Me, Spez Epic no doubt although the new Pyga's look fantastic! 

Oh, and the car is not a BMW its a Land Rover, the sound system at home..... a Yamaha - I suppose that's a tough one to argue

Oh, and the car is not a BMW its a Land Rover, the sound system at home..... a Yamaha - I suppose that's a tough one to argue

WOW

Archived