Chain reactions/Parcel force Delivery????

Marq001

Hi there fellow hubbers!

I need some information regarding ordering from chain reaction cycles. I have placed an order with them and they say they have used parcelforce couriers,

It has been over two weeks and the tracker on the website says the parcel is being held at the depot.

Has anyone ever ordered from chain reactions? and does anyone have a south african contact number for this 'Parcelforce Couriers'?

Thanks guys.

Marx

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The parcel should be going to your local post office for you to collect. Normally takes 2 weeks or so.

Try calling 0860 111 502, give them the international (ParcelForce) tracking number, and if it's in the country, they can then give you the local tracking number. You should then be able to use this new, local number to track your parcel through the sapo website.

There is lot of discussion on CRC deliveries, do a search of the forums.

If it is already in the country phone SAPO on 0860 111 502 and quote your tracking number, they will then give you the local tracking number and you can then track via the SAPO website

Parcelforce is part of the UK post office

And things take longer because of the strike

There is lot of discussion on CRC deliveries, do a search of the forums.

If it is already in the country phone SAPO on 0860 111 502 and quote your tracking number, they will then give you the local tracking number and you can then track via the SAPO website

Parcelforce is part of the UK post office

And things take longer because of the strike

The parcel should be going to your local post office for you to collect. Normally takes 2 weeks or so.

Try calling 0860 111 502, give them the international (ParcelForce) tracking number, and if it's in the country, they can then give you the local tracking number. You should then be able to use this new, local number to track your parcel through the sapo website.

What they said.

Don't worry. It should be OK.....just takes loads of time.

Welcome in Africa!

I have ordered from CRC about 6 times. Place order on Monday. collect at P.O on Friday. But like Cowboylegs said "there is a transport strike on".

I'm currently in the same situation. My new frame has been lying at the international Mail Centre for the past 12 days and there is sweet FA I can do about.

Hopefully they'll catch up and deliver it to my post office this week.

Edited by Thug

They started moving parcels from the airport again on Friday. Taking into consideration the backlog they should probably be moving to the regional hubs/ post offices/etc about now.

Maybe not of much help to you but I pay the extra R600 and use DHL. I ordered last Tuesday and had the package delivered to me on Friday Morning, after of course paying the Tax to have it cleared by customs.

Yooooh! Two weeks for Parcelforce? My free deliveries take that time. Search on net for EPS site for post office. You can track your parcel there with number given by CRC. Ja nee, the strike just made k#k droog.

I'm currently in the same situation. My new frame has been lying at the international Mail Centre for the past 12 days and there is sweet FA I can do about.

Hopefully they'll catch up and deliver it to my post office this week.

You can go and fetch it at the IMC if you need to - I have fetched things there before.

Hi Guys!

Went to go collect my parcel on Wednesday(of course the service at the post office was brilliant, you knowthumbdown.gif ) and then was hit an additional R650 on for the parcel, ouch! Was not expecting that, which brings me to the question if ordering from CRC is really that much cheaper than sourcing it locally..

So while waiting for my first parcel which ahas a Track Id, I ask the woman behind the counter what if i have a parcel that doesnt have a track ID, but was ordered same time, diferent services? she pointed behind her to a huge shelf full of smaller parcels and said we have to sort those out, so you will get it when we done sorting.... at this point im cursing.gif , brilliant service!

Thanks for the help guys!

Went to go collect my parcel on Wednesday(of course the service at the post office was brilliant, you knowthumbdown.gif ) and then was hit an additional R650 on for the parcel, ouch! Was not expecting that, which brings me to the question if ordering from CRC is really that much cheaper than sourcing it locally.

It all comes down to what you order. Clothing (helmets and shoes included) always makes customs smile because of the high tax rate.

http://www.dutycalculator.com/ is a pretty handy tool and gives a fairly accurate idea of what you will pay at the end of the day.

Hi Guys!

Went to go collect my parcel on Wednesday(of course the service at the post office was brilliant, you knowthumbdown.gif ) and then was hit an additional R650 on for the parcel, ouch! Was not expecting that, which brings me to the question if ordering from CRC is really that much cheaper than sourcing it locally..

So while waiting for my first parcel which ahas a Track Id, I ask the woman behind the counter what if i have a parcel that doesnt have a track ID, but was ordered same time, diferent services? she pointed behind her to a huge shelf full of smaller parcels and said we have to sort those out, so you will get it when we done sorting.... at this point im cursing.gif , brilliant service!

Thanks for the help guys!

Is like anything when shopping, shop around online and locally to find the best deal and if is overseas then make sure you know your duty and VAT costs are before purchase so that you can factor in.

As for delivery, I have just stuff coming from China and has just arrived in the country and that was ordered 2 months ago. If you are not in a rush for things, then you can wait, else go the courier route and pay the extra. But then also factor that cost in when shopping around locally, online and overseas.