Are roadies really THAT cool?

NotSoBigBen

Well, not really, I'm still confined to indoor trainer, so if it rains I don't really care. Just that now, I can move it onto the patio and get some sun on me.

At least you'll have the tan lines !!!! :clap: :clap:

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Well some sure are :thumbup:

After my second puncture in the rain this morning a small bunch come passed (5 or 6 riders) and do the customary 'are you allraaaaiiiiiit' to which I reply yes as I was already busy patching the tube ......... then I notice 2 of them stop and turn back!

Not only do they insist I take a new tube from them but they also say 'you finish patching that tube in case you get another puncture and we'll put the new tube in your wheel' and then sommer pump it as well!

Steven and Gerhard, thanks guys :clap:

You sure they were not MTB'ers taking their roadie bikes out ;)

Good to hear people helping people, thanks for a positive thread on the Hub!

snapback.pngNotSoBigBen, on 17 October 2012 - 08:46 , said:

Looks a cracker day at the moment so hopefully my afternoon ride will be in more pleasant conditions!

Cracker day for windsurfing and kite boarding. :-(

Well, I've only been cycling for about a month now and I must say, everyone's real friendly and helpful ! I've gotten 3 punctures so far and there have always been "roadies" who wanna help.

Roadies aren't "cool", Roadies are AWESOME B)

And what's this 'fued' the MTB'ers have against roadies? This is still all quite new to me and I find it quite amusing really :lol:

Personally i find that C for serias mtbers are not as friendly as serias roadies. There appears to be a paradigm shift when one gets 1x11 XX. Or maybe its the bloody roadies crossing over from the tar side...

For the record I do find mountain bikes very helpful as well. It's just that I think the very new people are nervous to ask as they are a bit unsure of themselves and can be a little intimidated by the whole situation. So many new people on the trails these days and I guess they figure they don't really know enough to help. That's not true of course, you don't need to be a bike mechanic to offer a tube. It's not that they don't care, they are not aware of trail etiquette.

Well, I'm a newby and I'd definitely offer a tube up and help where I can!! Think its just about manners and a level of friendliness... Spose you will get the odd sod here n there lol

Well, I've only been cycling for about a month now and I must say, everyone's real friendly and helpful ! I've gotten 3 punctures so far and there have always been "roadies" who wanna help.

Roadies aren't "cool", Roadies are AWESOME B)

And what's this 'fued' the MTB'ers have against roadies? This is still all quite new to me and I find it quite amusing really :lol:

Haha...hmmm :whistling:

Since joining - how many PM's have you received? Just working on some statistics...

Legitimate question.

All the newbies gets asked

Legitimate question.

All the newbies gets asked

Since joining - how many PM's have you received? Just working on some statistics...

Honestly, I've only received 3 PM's lol

That's not to bad. I'm sure they will pick up rather soon.

Did you get invited to go on a ride?

Edited by HDW

Yeah, I offered a tube to someone once, turned out to be a punctured one I never threw away :blush:

Hopefully not to Haley!

Ha! Helping sometimes doesn't work out so well. I stopped for an older woman and her daughter near Smitswinkel, but she kept trying to help which was no help at all. Ended up breaking a tyre lever on those stupid Contis and I think the tube got pinched in the end anyway. She'd already phoned here son-in-law anyway (there must be a lot of long-suffering non-cyclists out there).

Hopefully not to Haley!

No, hayley fixes her own - she is not dependant on anyone for fixing anything....but in a real Lady like manner of course.

Honestly, I've only received 3 PM's lol

Enjoy them, I'm sure they will keep rolling in.

Up front warning - this place crawls with vermin