Cyclists and red traffic lights

MtbCpt

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

ok ok who was it own up who shot that light ??? we got no damm traffic lights here so it was not me LOL

was ook nie ek nie

ek doen vanjaar "all by the book" atleast tot dusver Wink
ORCA2008-01-22 04:03:53

ek stem, as 'n fietsryers die wet oortree en hy kry seer, moet nie by my simpatie kom soek.

Jy kry waarvoor jy soek. al is dit die wete dat jy jou gesin, jou vrou , jou kinders in die steek laat.

Dit moet weer daai blerrie BMC fan en sy maatjie, Johan Brits wees, hulle het mos nou al vir ons gewys al die aggressie wat hulle binne hulle hetLOL

Fortunately or sadly (seeing that the weather is better in CT a this stage) I can also definitely confirm it wasn't me! I'm 1500k's away in wet Gangster's Paradise!

waar is daai terrible two BMC klonge die een was al vroeg hier op die hub met sy geelsokkies en al . Die ander is seker besig met Booties en bibs LOL

Interesting artcle. I find his point relevant and intersting, I find his tone and language offensive and abusive. I'd like to meet him next time I'm in CT and punch him in the face just on principle.

bob, point is, he's gatvol regarding the lawlessness of cyclist.

If you wern't a cyclist, and have to face that on a daily basis, you will feel the same.

We, the cyclist, need to start riding responsible in the traffic, and in any hour of the day.

Dont come with a Andrew McClean thing saying its ok to go over a red robot 4 in the morning.

Its against the law.

I'm with you bob the builder.

You want to get my attention, be civil.

Otherwise you are just as big an idiot as the guy jumping the red light.

(PS:  It wasn't me! Big%20smile)

waar is daai terrible two BMC klonge die een was al vroeg hier op die hub met sy geelsokkies en al . Die ander is seker besig met Booties en bibs LOL

Nee jong BMC fan haal in op die verlore slaap en Johan Brits recover nog van Sondag se ride- hy het mos eerste gekom in die L-groepieLOL

I agree with Popeye. Cyclists keep on bitching about no respect on the road, but when it suits them, they forget the law. I think his tone is indicative of the frustration that he feels. Bear in mind, he's also on a 2 wheeler albeit a little faster (though not much if I look at some of the times the hubbers are riding)

Tell me you feel civil when the taxis keep on going through red robots, on the wrong side of the road, in the emergency lanes and on the dirt shoulder of the road. Now look at his point of view. (and don't say its different because bikes aren't as dangerous as taxis) 

(By the way, Andrew has a policy with the club..NO GOING THROUGH RED ROBOTS) The new policy is stop cyclists not cars on club rides.

bob' date=' point is, he's gatvol regarding the lawlessness of cyclist.

If you wern't a cyclist, and have to face that on a daily basis, you will feel the same.

We, the cyclist, need to start riding responsible in the traffic, and in any hour of the day.

Dont come with a Andrew McClean thing saying its ok to go over a red robot 4 in the morning.

Its against the law.

[/quote']

Like I said, I agree with him, and his point. I agree that 99% of the cyclists out there are their own worst enemy when it comes to our relationship with other road users. Me personally, I make a point of stopping at red lights and stop streets - that is, unless it is practically unsafe for me to do so.

What I have issue with is the writer of the article's tone, language and lack of respect. Sure, he may feel righteous indignation regarding his point, but if you would like to engage the wrongdoers, please do so in a decent, respectful manner.

You want tme to listen to to your point?  Then don't talk to me like a barbarian.