how to prevent stomach cramps after a race

I eat breakfast ( oats) then during the race only gI 32 tablets and chews and clean water

How much oats and how long before? Robox may have a point about having too much in your stomach to digest. A common rule of thumb is to have a light easily digestable breakfast 2 hours or longer before the race.

I would incorporate some real food to support the digestive process, even if only a banana...

im not sure about too much food. before a race i eat oats....and then i eat patatoes as i dress. during race i take gi32 plus ptotein bars plus gells. and then after race i eat a boerie roll and a beer. then i have lunch :

im not sure about too much food. before a race i eat oats....and then i eat patatoes as i dress. during race i take gi32 plus ptotein bars plus gells. and then after race i eat a boerie roll and a beer. then i have lunch :

Leave the protein bars until after the event for when it is actually needed for recovery and muscle repair. Protein is quite hard on the digestive system!

I have oats with honey before the race (2 to 3 hours before the time). Will sip on some energy drink and have a few nibbles of an energy bar on the way/arriving at the race venue. Depending on whether I'm feel a bit hungry or nor, I'll have an energy sachet in the start pens (15 minutes before the time).

How much oats and how long before? Robox may have a point about having too much in your stomach to digest. A common rule of thumb is to have a light easily digestable breakfast 2 hours or longer before the race.

No I ate just after four that morning and not allot so its probably all digested by the time the race start

I mostly use 32GI for long training rides and races. I have a strange issue in that I also suffer from stomach cramps when I use the orange flavoured drink. And I have tested this multiple times. With the raspberry one I have no issues. I haven't tried the tabs yet. Maybe try a different flavour and see if you still have the issue.

I mostly use 32GI for long training rides and races. I have a strange issue in that I also suffer from stomach cramps when I use the orange flavoured drink. And I have tested this multiple times. With the raspberry one I have no issues. I haven't tried the tabs yet. Maybe try a different flavour and see if you still have the issue.

The orange Accelarate makes for the most amazing near dayglow yellow phlegm ph34r.png

I prefer the Raspberry even though it appears pink in the bottle, and "real men don't drink pink drinks"

Every time after a race I have stomach cramps for the rest of the day and its annoying

I eat breakfast ( oats) then during the race only gI 32 tablets and chews and clean water

what could it be and is it common ? Maybe try solid foods during the race like bars ?

Sounds a bit like you have a vapour lock in the digestive system and need a good backfire to get it out otherwise it will just build up pressure / block the system and hence the pain (cramps).

Try eat more but in small amounts of easily digested solids (energy bar) during the event and some normal food afterwards.

If that doesnt help then maybe some eno's to encourage the vapour lock to exit

Every time after a race I have stomach cramps for the rest of the day and its annoying

what could it be and is it common ? Maybe try solid foods during the race like bars ?

Hi Heel Drop send me a direct message, I can analyse your nutrition training, racing and daily, lets see if I can assist you with your problem there is a lot that needs to be taken into account when considering the reasoning behind cramping and its not always crystal clear, will help with pleasure. Drop me a mail at info@32Gi.com

all the best

M