How do you pay for your bike?

Cippo

I think when people say cash they mean they do not take out credit to pay for it, don't think they all walk round with suitcases of cash. Eft/cheque card/top up credit card, all considered cash

Yep - they mean they don't make debt to buy their bikes, but the actual transaction involves a CC.

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah I mostly steal stuff... ph34r.png

it's true! I'm missing a bike that was last seen in the possession of 2-D

I can't believe how many of you actually pay cash for your bikes eek.gif. Like wow,!!!

I prefer EFT. I will never carry that amount of cash around with me.

haha! funny enough I paid for my 1st Morewood with an envelope full of cash.

Since then, 5 of the 6 bikes I've bought were EFT, one was an insurance payout which I had to pay in R470 (so I swiped my cheque card).

But all 7 (since 2010)... 'cash'

haha! funny enough I paid for my 1st Morewood with an envelope full of cash.

Since then, 5 of the 6 bikes I've bought were EFT, one was an insurance payout which I had to pay in R470 (so I swiped my cheque card).

But all 7 (since 2010)... 'cash'

ooh lookout for Mr Deep-pockets

Following thread on 'the cost of bikes' how do pay for your bike or expensive upgrades?

Cash

Credit card

Personal loan

Bond

Sponsored

Cash is king. Would be interesting to know how many hubbers have financed their expensive pieces of machinery.

deep pockets and short arms... so don't come asking! laugh.png

I'll just steal one then....

Nonchalantly tell the wife how cool the new part/bike is and .......Voila!

is your wife married?

Cash, otherwise layby. If I cant afford the bike at the time I put a deposit down and pay it off as I've got spare cash.

so it looks like no one has used that karoo finance system. must be some guys using credit to buy the R90k bikes

I think when people say cash they mean they do not take out credit to pay for it, don't think they all walk round with suitcases of cash. Eft/cheque card/top up credit card, all considered cash

I should have added a :P

Cash and CC paid off very quickly for most things. If something big needs to be upgraded fixed and the time is right, either 13th cheque or SARS refund. At the moment I'm saving towards an XT brake set....almost there thumbup1.gif

Edited by RudoJ

I wonder if someone will actually admit to a 2nd bond to finance a bike?

Exactly my point in the "cost of bikes" thread. Nobody is going to admit to going into debt to buy a bike, but we all know that lot's do.

The only way you will get accurate info of purchasing habits is from the shop floor of a big supplier like the Lab. They would be able to tell you exactly what the numbers are.

My guess is at least half of the +30k bikes are bought on some form of credit, and that even in the lower price bracket, a lot are bought on credit card budget plans.

Following thread on 'the cost of bikes' how do pay for your bike or expensive upgrades?

Cash

Credit card

Personal loan

Bond

Sponsored

I go to work

I earn a salary

I save some of it

I do an EFT