2012 Burger Route Training Rides

Wannabe

• Replies 488
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guys and Gals.

It was one fantastic ride. As said, weather was perfect, but the company was even better.thumbup1.gif thumbup1.gif thumbup1.gif thumbup1.gif

Thanks for being on your best behaviour, don't think one other road user could have pointed a finger of accusation at us. clap.gif

Counted 24 peeps at the start, and at the Wellington stop it grew to 32 as we picked up other small groups. Some of them did fall of again towards the end.

Had a lekka brekkie at Mugg 'n Bean with a few other hubbers. (Onetime, I thought you gonna join us?)

Lastly, but not least, a very big THANK YOU to our Marshall, Stanley. He did a sterling job herding us along (did not know a Hyabusa can crawl along at 20km/h for long periods. STANLEY, YOUR'E THE MAN!!!!!! (Az, thanks for sending this Guardian Angel our way. Much appreciated.)

We did a collection at the end to cover at least some of Stanley's expenses and to thank him for his time, but he did not want to accept it. If he is our Marshall again on the 24th, I'll stick the money into his pocket, otherwise I'll get it to Az to give to him.

Thanks also to the guys who contributed. thumbup1.gif

Guys and Gals.

It was one fantastic ride. As said, weather was perfect, but the company was even better.thumbup1.gif thumbup1.gif thumbup1.gif thumbup1.gif

Thanks for being on your best behaviour, don't think one other road user could have pointed a finger of accusation at us. clap.gif

Counted 24 peeps at the start, and at the Wellington stop it grew to 32 as we picked up other small groups. Some of them did fall of again towards the end.

Had a lekka brekkie at Mugg 'n Bean with a few other hubbers. (Onetime, I thought you gonna join us?)

Lastly, but not least, a very big THANK YOU to our Marshall, Stanley. He did a sterling job herding us along (did not know a Hyabusa can crawl along at 20km/h for long periods. STANLEY, YOUR'E THE MAN!!!!!! (Az, thanks for sending this Guardian Angel our way. Much appreciated.)

We did a collection at the end to cover at least some of Stanley's expenses and to thank him for his time, but he did not want to accept it. If he is our Marshall again on the 24th, I'll stick the money into his pocket, otherwise I'll get it to Az to give to him.

Well done, Wannabe, for beating the drum.

The peloton looked lekka this morning.

It's the 1st time I see a Think Bike Marshall committed to a training ride.

Very cool.

post-12015-0-55407100-1352552931_thumb.jpg

Burger Route Training For The Racing Snakes

Sat 17 November @ 06h30 sharp

Wheels roll from the Engen Garage, corner Bottelary Rd & the R304.

Training Goal: Tempo Training @ 33 km/h avg over 95 kms.

The bunch will have the services of a Think Bike Marshall. Cool...

w00t.gif

My first time with a group unfortunately helshoogte proved to much got me and I fell so far back that I couldn't catch up :-( will try again on the 24th though

Thanks guys for not laughingr out will def giv it another go

My first time with a group unfortunately helshoogte proved to much got me and I fell so far back that I couldn't catch up :-( will try again on the 24th though

Are you racing Die Burger, IndianRoadRunner?

Good on ya for at least giving it a go. Lotsa other folk would not even have bothered trying.

See ya around.

The bunch will have the services of a Think Bike Marshall. Cool...

w00t.gif

Sal wil join! Daar is 'n challenge vir die strava hunters oor volgende naweek:

http://app.strava.co...-mile-challenge

BMC 79 Mile Challenge

Celebrate the 79th rainbow jersey with a 79 mile ride.

11/16/2012 — 11/18/2012

This September, 79th running of the UCI World Road Cycling Championships was won on a BMC teammachine SLR01.

To honor that huge accomplishment, BMC is challenging you to go out and complete a ride of 79 miles (or greater) in one day.

Pick your favorite long training ride, prep your bike, fill up some bottles, maybe even sport a little bit of Belgian red/yellow/black, and push yourself to make it happen!

Note: The Challenge is to complete a single ride of 79 miles (or greater) in one 24 hour period. You have a three day window to make this happen and can make multiple attempts. Manual entries will not count towards your Challenge effort, nor will trainer rides.

Prize Information

Athletes that complete the Challenge of riding 79 miles in one 24 hour period will receive a BMC 79 Mile Challenge finishers badge.

In conjunction with this Challenge, BMC is also giving away a 2012 BMC Pro Team jersey signed by members of the 2012 team.

Awesome day, awesome ride, awesome weather, awesome group that rode.... Thanx guys.... A big thanx to Stanley, the unselfish Bike Marshall that should get a huge reward for his time, effort, patience and petrol and didn't even want the collection we made for him.... Don't think there are many of him around these days....

Wannabe, thanx for organising such a perfect ride, to the group, thanx for your company and to all that had a chat with me, good to meet you guys and put a face to the name here on the hub....

Indian Road Runner, keep up the effort, we all started where you are, you will keep up with the group in time to come....

Thanx again, my day was made.....

thumbup1.gif clap.gif thumbup1.gif

Here's some pic's I managed to take....

post-9580-0-94525900-1352563471_thumb.jpgpost-9580-0-56752900-1352563481_thumb.jpgpost-9580-0-23694500-1352563491_thumb.jpg

Edit = typo

Edited by Buzzman

The

bunch will have the services of a Think Bike Marshall. Cool...w00t.gif

if we coming by car were can do we park???

A big thanx to Stanley, the unselfish Bike Marshall that should get a huge reward for his time, effort, patience and petrol and didn't even want the collection we made for him.... Don't think there are many of him around these days....

Guys & gals that is a really awesome gesture but... Since MTN came on as a communication partner we have had a small budget to be able to offer our volunteer marshal services here & there.

I will make sure that Stan is reimbursed for his expenses from the MTN budget and if no-one has a problem with it, I would like you to donate your collection to http://www.thehubsa....anking-updated/