94.7 seeding

Chopper Jr

Got my start time this morning for 94.7 cycle challenge.

Group G - 6h59...

I would like to try get an earlier group. Is this possible? Anyone tried to change their seeding? I see they charge R150 to change your start time so they're assume open to requests.

I finished 7th in Group C at last week's Satellite but not sure they would care - like most of these cycle races the only seeding events they consider are 6-18 months old - dont see the point in that.

So is it worth emailing the Race Office my request?

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

That's weird cause I am 6:51 and they say I am in E

E.......f........... g. Only a couple of minutes?????

That's weird cause I am 6:51 and they say I am in E

E.......f........... g. Only a couple of minutes?????

Yup

C in sat challenge is about G at cycle challenge.

Wouldn't bother if I were you.

well it is and it isn't... 32km/h average at Satellite is probably equivalent to a 34km/h average for 94.7... which could put you comfortably in the middle of B group, but then G group's fastest time is probably around 35km/h...

It's worth a try. You've got nothing to lose. They should tell you what group they can reseed you into and then you can decide whether or not to go ahead with it.

Or you can join the hub bunch riding in group G and assist in the workload :)

never shy to share the workload! who's a hubber and who isn't?

Got my start time this morning for 94.7 cycle challenge.

Group G - 6h59...

I would like to try get an earlier group. Is this possible? Anyone tried to change their seeding? I see they charge R150 to change your start time so they're assume open to requests.

I finished 7th in Group C at last week's Satellite but not sure they would care - like most of these cycle races the only seeding events they consider are 6-18 months old - dont see the point in that.

I am also pondering this. I did the 92 Satelite in 2:54 and I am in L. What was your distance/time?

I am also pondering this. I did the 92 Satelite in 2:54 and I am in L. What was your distance/time?

Did the long race in 3:29... Will ask them tomorrow and let you know what they say

Don't forget about the volume of people. The satellite race was only a regional race with +-1500 entrants, mostly from Gauteng/NW. 94.7 has +-25000 entrants from the whole of SA, so don't be surprised when there could be people with better seeding than yourselves and they are slotted in before your starting group.

I don't know if this is the case for each situation, but just bear this in mind.

Did the long race in 3:29... Will ask them tomorrow and let you know what they say

Just looked at all my races of 90k and more for the year (only the D2D off these were used I think - being RACETEC race), and I should have a realistic chance of goiing sub 3. I think I will try for a bit better.... Will keep u updated. Edited by cobuswes