EPO as a recreational cyclist

Dirtbreath

Zol makes you strong. My dad use to buy it for day labourers on the farm when they asked for it. They smoked that stuff and worked like mules!

Later he was running a service centre, and the one mechanic was useless without his zol, but with the stuff he could do just about anything in the workshop

So...your dad was the Michelle Ferrari of his hood? :)

• Replies 281
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Am I missing something. Why would an amature dope. They are funrides. Confused

There are numerous threads about supplements, gus, protein shakes, etc, etc. i am sure a lot of the guys buying this stuff are not up there. Would it be implausible to take just that bit extra to make you faster, make it easier?

Am I missing something. Why would an amature dope. They are funrides. Confused

Same reason someone buys a Hummer or an X6. Small d... & Needs to impress the rest of the beer belly gang by shaving off 3 minutes of last years 4 1/2 hour Argus.

Just out of interest. My blood is tested every 2 weeks. My natural hematocrit level is 47.7%.

how things going DB ?

There are numerous threads about supplements, gus, protein shakes, etc, etc. i am sure a lot of the guys buying this stuff are not up there. Would it be implausible to take just that bit extra to make you faster, make it easier?

as I said, was interesting to read about asthma pumps and cough medicine.

The real issue, is where it stands with you*. It is something that took me a while to come to terms with, but the line between supplements, nutrition and cheating is a very blurred one.

* you being the person taking whatever medication (enhancement) for what ever purpose and not the OP

I dont know how much the EPO would help if you haven't done much training given the fractional difference it gives top pro's. I doubt it would give you the muscles in the legs, lower back ect that are developed over hours and hours of training to get through a long race and certainly not the skills needed for both mtb and road racing. Surely you would need to be at decent level to even realise the benefits?

Hard training is all part of the fun imo

I think its a big step up from protein shakes to EPO. A protein shake isn't going to give your a pulmonary embolus or a stroke. I think its a bit rash to assume because some people take supplements that they'll jump to dangerous and illegal drugs.

how things going DB ?

Winning the battle, and getting there in the war. Busy with session 9, 3 to go and we see again in the new year.

Thanks.

The reason for my post is that I see what drugs do to people. Hell, I'm feeling it myself. Dying over here. There was a link to a post about a guy I know who was bust. I didnt know and I bump into him regularly. He's not quite a nobody but to dope?! Crazee!

How badly would someone want to brag to his mates that he did a sub 3,4 or whatever for Argus, 94.7, finished Epic, whatever?

Riding is what is fun. Yes i want to be faster but not if i stop having fun. Cheating means it stops being fun.

I think its a big step up from protein shakes to EPO. A protein shake isn't going to give your a pulmonary embolus or a stroke. I think its a bit rash to assume because some people take supplements that they'll jump to dangerous and illegal drugs.

Yes, of course. There is however a large amount of people who see supplements as a magic potion you can just whip of the shelf and it will improve your performance. Is one of those guys looking at Tyler Hamilton, David George and thinking to himself, Eureka! That's how I'll beat my big mate Frits.

Winning the battle, and getting there in the war. Busy with session 9, 3 to go and we see again in the new year.

Thanks.

The reason for my post is that I see what drugs do to people. Hell, I'm feeling it myself. Dying over here. There was a link to a post about a guy I know who was bust. I didnt know and I bump into him regularly. He's not quite a nobody but to dope?! Crazee!

How badly would someone want to brag to his mates that he did a sub 3,4 or whatever for Argus, 94.7, finished Epic, whatever?

Eish DB, really wish alot of encouragment for you on the last 3 !

Do you think you can con the doc to add some happy juice so when you lying there you can dream of moving from 4500 odd place to 4499th place ?

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/2/27/EPO-TdF_2008.jpg

http://www.bicycle.net/wp-content/uploads/2007/04/no-doping.jpg

Eish DB, really wish alot of encouragment for you on the last 3 !

Do you think you can con the doc to add some happy juice so when you lying there you can dream of moving from 4500 odd place to 4499th place ?

Ja, mindae, thanks.

My doc thinks vitamins are the biggest medical scam ever. He did however give me a green light to smoke some zol last time around. Well, not exactly but when I asked what he thought about it he said ja sure, many patients smoke before treatment. "If it makes you happy!" Wonder if Sheryl Crow sang to Lance?

EPO is regularly given to patients undergoing chemo for Lukemia.

EPO is a bad example!

I turn 40 this week and would love to take Growth Hormone ( The drug called the fountain of youth) for longevity - my belief is it's like the new salusa 45 - just work a hell of a lot better from lubricating your joint to getting better eye sight and hearing. But I also do sport for health reason / longevity and am subjected to been tested - so I don't! Is this also right? Surely if something is going to keep you healthy and maybe even keep you living for longer it should not be banned - or made legal to a certain limit or legal after a certain age?

Edited by Icycling