Chafe

martinsnyman

From Dischem - milking cream. Can also mix with an antibacterial cream, or an oil like arnica for extra smoothness.

Yup, I use the one on the left, works like a charm!clap.gif

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd throw some bactraban in there - for the quick heal. that stuff works and fast.

True - I often mix it in with my Speensalf when I train lots.

From Dischem - milking cream. Can also mix with an antibacterial cream, or an oil like arnica for extra smoothness.

Yup, I use the one on the left, works like a charm!clap.gif

+1

I use the milking cream :) Works the best. Used it for Sani2C this year, never a hassle, and its cheap.

Martin, a question you asked in your first post - yes, you don't cycle with 'undies'.

And as soon as you're off the bike, your shorts come off asap. Once showered and dry, feel free to go 'commando' afterwards to keep the undercarriage dry and air-cooled smile.png

In summer here on the north coast, we don't wear jocks at all if we can help it.

Edited by tombeej

Martin, a question you asked in your first post - yes, you don't cycle with 'undies'.

And as soon as you're off the bike, your shorts come off asap. Once showed and dry, feel free to go 'commando' afterwards to keep the undercarriage dry and air-cooled smile.png

In summer here on the north coast, we don't wear jocks at all if we can help it.

Whooo hooo - free willy!

Thx for the advice.

Some feedback, I kept the area dry with baby powder for two days and did not cycle at all. Then used the sample that came in the goody bag for the 94.7 - and after 55km in the saddle no problem what so ever!!!!

Some feedback, I kept the area dry with baby powder for two days and did not cycle at all. Then used the sample that came in the goody bag for the 94.7 - and after 55km in the saddle no problem what so ever!!!!

Nice!

Now go kick azzzz on the weekend.

• 2 weeks later...

This was great to Read. Thanks for the link Puncheur!!!!!

Def gonna get me some Miliking Cream and Baby Powder.

...and Bactroban.

Keeps away infection. Very important.

...and Bactroban.

Keeps away infection. Very important.

Im also on milking cream now. Was spending a fortune on chamois cream. Works great

And as soon as you're off the bike, your shorts come off asap. Once showered and dry, feel free to go 'commando' afterwards to keep the undercarriage dry and air-cooled smile.png

This story makes me remember a day that I went for a ride after work. Was running very late and the group was waiting for me. Got dressed and hit the road. a few k's into the ride I was feeling really uncomfortable. I suddely discovered that I had in my haste forgotten to remove my undies. Next to the Kimberley rode, shirt off , bib tights off standing kaalgat removing my undies. Rather embarrasing. I cant tell you how many riders I see with a VPL under their cycling shorts. I dont say anything but I always think how much comfort they are compromising wearing undies. Not good.

Im also on milking cream now. Was spending a fortune on chamois cream. Works great

Yeah, I just add Bactroban even after the ride.

thumbup1.gif

use that yellow milking cream on the left, just buy proper tea tree oil,and mix half a bottle into the cream.......you will never have sore arse again..........

Also use the one on the left, cheap and effective with antiseptic agent added.

I just smell a bit agricultural after using it - like I have been milking the cows.

dont be shy before puting your pants on apply a half hand full to the padding where you getting chaffe, problem solved