650B is NOT 27.5"

Eldron

Borrowing a bike with 2.35 Hans Dampfs on them. Damn, those tyres are high volume! They're beeeg. Bigger than my 2.5 minions.

Will check it out...crc doesn't have them(RR 2.4) in snakeskin, only evo, which isn't really an option

Edited by rouxtjie

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Will check it out...crc doesn't have them(RR 2.4) in snakeskin, only evo, which isn't really an option

I have 2 brand new shiny Conti X-kings freshly unwrapped from CRC if the Conti stuff interests you?

Bought them for me rigid SS of course! Those extra 3mm of suspension help!

Edit: I meant of course 29x2.4

Edited by Eldron

Couldn't agree more. There's only 1 place where 12mm extra would really make that much difference...

Thickness of the wallet?

(Any extra in any other area, and I'll have a serious problem...)

I have 2 brand new shiny Conti X-kings freshly unwrapped from CRC if the Conti stuff interests you?

Bought them for me rigid SS of course! Those extra 3mm of suspension help!

Edit: I meant of course 29x2.4

Converting tubeless on stans's crest rims...should be fine hey?

Oh Protection also hey?

Edited by rouxtjie

Guys

allot of the responses are I have these, but then it seems they actually referring to 26er or 29er wheels,

Please don't get us exited :S for no reason.

atm I know Schwalbe are doing the Rocket Ron and Racing Ralphs in 27.5, they are 2.25 volume, got a set on order.

G

Dude - you missed the point entirely - I have no issues with anyone riding any bike of any size - my point is....know what you're buying.

Do you think 650B would be as popular if people it was called 27"?

Dude, what does it matter to you what people buy. Are you now a crusader for the rights of 650b buyers. That you should announce that they are actually being misled. Who gives a shite. People can buy just what they want to, it has absolutely nothing to do with you.

Dude, what does it matter to you what people buy. Are you now a crusader for the rights of 650b buyers. That you should announce that they are actually being misled. Who gives a shite. People can buy just what they want to, it has absolutely nothing to do with you.

Yoh eek.gif

You read that post of Edron's way different to the way I did.

But out of interest , did you buy a 650b or did you shimmy a 26 " in to one ?

Damn dude, vat 'n chill pill.

He's just pointing out that the view that 650 = 27.5 is factually incorrect, and that people who DO want to buy should not be taken in with the marketing schpiel.

Yoh eek.gif

You read that post of Edron's way different to the way I did.

But out of interest , did you buy a 650b or did you shimmy a 26 " in to one ?

Shimmy

Shimmy

Out of interest, what rim / tyre combo did you go for?

oh - and my view on the whole thing is that unless you're going for high volume tires, the move to 650 does not make sense. You should rather just go for high volume 26" tires.

Shimmy

Yes shimmy.

Commonly known as a dance or a quick stuffle.

So did you do a quick shuffle with a set of wheels on a 26 " bike ?

Yes shimmy.

Commonly known as a dance or a quick stuffle.

So did you do a quick shuffle with a set of wheels on a 26 " bike ?

I have no desire whatsoever to get drawn into an argument with you. Ive had my say, will find something else to entertain myself with for the rest of the afternoon