not your everyday weight loss problem HELP

DIPSLICK

kilojoules,,,,,, not calories her bad sorry!!!!!!

its really not alot of food and as i said its only good choices

• Replies 227
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

trust me its not a crap load of food

breakfast low low fat yoghart, with low gi bread

snack small small portion of lean biltong.

lunch pasta with chicken green peppers,

snack nuts

supper chicken/fish with veg no starch

Surely that cant add up to 4300 calories?

Are you sure the 4300 calories is correct?

EDIT ... our posts crossed.

Edited by Wayne Potgieter

I found that drinking diet soda stopped my weight loss. How much of this poison do you consume? I find that when I run ,I loose weight a lot quicker than when I cycle or swim.

no diet drinks water with lemon juice!!!!!!

or good old fashioned water

It is very important to note this when it comes to weight; It took years to gain all your "excess" weight and now you expect to lose it all in a few months. How does that make sense...

In terms of training duration, rides of 90min or longer really get the fat burning motor going. (I would know, went from 40min a day of grinding to 90-120min of moderate to high intensity this year and lost 4kg's in 2 months. It might not sound a lot but it took me down to 58km @ 1.73m. I'm not sure where my body fat% is sitting at but it was 10% before a lost the 4 kg's and gained 1kg of muscle mass.) I average about 13hrs/wk including a weekly 8km jog.

My diet, the only carb specific meals that I eat are before, during and after rides, otherwise it's protein, fat and veggies at meals with a salad every lunch and no sugar. The veggies are also usually about a third to a half of my portions and I snack on almonds and apples (okay some sugar). All this worked for me for the past year. Oh and lots of water!

Just realise that dieting lowers your body fat % while exercising muscles (like sit-ups) builds them. So you can do 200 sit-ups every day but not have a 6-pack due to your gut.

Once again, need to find the balance between weight bearing exercise and cardio.

It all comes down to balance...easy said, don't ask me how though.

Surely that cant add up to 4300 calories?

Are you sure the 4300 calories is correct?

EDIT ... our posts crossed.

when i do my long rides at VG ill have a bowel of oates,, other than that that is pretty much my diet

And I'll say it again = 4300 kJ is 1,027 kCal. You're under-eating, dude. You can only survive on a calorie deficit that big for so long. Your body is hanging on to every morsel it can get hold of

You're only having 1,027 Calories PER DAY!!!

kilojoules,,,,,, not calories her bad sorry!!!!!!

its really not alot of food and as i said its only good choices

4300 kilojoules? Can't be right

4300 kilojoules = 1 027 724.67 calories

trust me its not a crap load of food

breakfast low low fat yoghart, with low gi bread

snack small small portion of lean biltong.

lunch pasta with chicken green peppers,

snack nuts

supper chicken/fish with veg no starch

This might sound strange, but opt for double thick greek style yoghurt!! It contains less cr@p than all those low fat high sugar yoghurts.

PS, I'm all for HFLC diets as they work for me, but horses for courses even though I'd say you're carbohydrate intolerant...

No man! 1kCal = 4.3kJ

EDIT: 1 Cal is the amount of energy required to heat 1 ml of water by 1 deg C (or something to that order) where kCal (that we use when counting calories) is the amount to heat up 1L by 1 deg C.

Edited by Helpmytrap

Agree with the swimming or cross training. When I train for the midmar I shed at least 5-10kg in a few weeks as it's a completely different set of muscles being used than just cycling. Even walking will help you through the block. Also eating fresh fruit and veggies as mid snack snacks helps to get the metabolism up. Your jaw should be moving at least every 2 hours. Replace supper with a light salad and eat your usual supper at midday.

No man! 1kCal = 4.3kJ

EDIT: 1 Cal is the amount of energy required to heat 1 ml of water by 1 deg C (or something to that order) where kCal (that we use when counting calories) is the amount to heat up 1L by 1 deg C.

1 kilocalorie = 4184 joules

This might sound strange, but opt for double thick greek style yoghurt!! It contains less cr@p than all those low fat high sugar yoghurts.

PS, I'm all for HFLC diets as they work for me, but horses for courses even though I'd say you're carbohydrate intolerant...

carbohydrate intolerant... did not know that was possible. when i went on low low carb diet i drop a bit but then it just stabilised again

Hey Dipstick,

why don't you try a calorie monitoring website for a few weeks. There's tons out there. Including Discovery's one that became available recently. I personally use myfitnesspal.com and I can go on forever telling you about it. Do a quick test on the site - entering your age, weight etc and see what it tells you. It will normally give you a few options for calorie intake. Calories per day if you would like to maintain your weight, calories if you want to lose weight and so on. Then start logging. I carry a diary with me and write everything in it. You'd be surprised what amout of calories things you think are "healthy" contain. If you consider trying it for a while remember that in SA most foods' energy is measured in KJ where those sites are generally international and measure energy in calories. Could be a bit of a shock in the beginning :)

That's the small unit of calories. 1 Calorie = 1,000 calories. Therefore 1kcal = 1 Calorie.

Effectively it's americanisms and stoopid ppl stuffing up the standards again.

1 Calorie is 4.3kJ