What to do about late night hunger

mulmi

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Sleeping pill ..... Screaming baby.....???thumbdown.gif

Add some earplugs and then a bunch of flowers the next day for damage control clap.gif

what is a typical supper for you? If you eat low GI slow energy release foods you will not get hungry as your body will be processing them for most of the night. uncooked barley would probably be your best bet! w00t.gif

that being said. managing your glycemic index is tricky (esp if your wife is doing the cooking for the kids. they tend not to like uncooked oats and barley...)

Protein is all well and good but remember that protein shakes are also full of kilojoules and is digested pretty quickly. Slow energy release is my answer for surviving midnight munchies.

I'll try the shake. I have to drop a lot of weight. So I'll skip the nuts.

What I normally crave for is biltong or chocolate. But that is why I now have to loose the kilos. Wont low fat game biltong work as well.

What should I do about the hunger pains that set on after 9 at night. This is the time when all I want to do is raid the fridge, and that will ruin the whole days diet.

Drinking water then does not help a bit.

According to Tyler Hamilton, take three sleeping pills and down a bottle of sparkling water :)

Show some willpower! Go to bed earlier and wake up earlier, gives you more time to train in the mornings (before breakfast)

Show some willpower! Go to bed earlier and wake up earlier, gives you more time to train in the mornings (before breakfast)

EINA

The teeth brushing might work. My wife might thin k I am insane if I cook chicken at 9. I think part of the problem is that we eat early. My kids are still small so we all eat at 6.

I'll try the nuts to. But once you start.....

No need to start cooking at 9pm tongue.png - just have a tupperware of lean protein in the fridge for some evening chow.

I love mixed nuts too, but as you say once you start it's hard to stop. Next thing you've skoffed the packet and without realising it you've just dropped nearly 2000 calories (about the same as a medium pizza).

Have you done the maths on your energy balance? Kilojoules in > Kilojoules burn't = Fat. there are charts and you can calculate what your base level of energy requirements are. then you can use heart rate etc to really define your training program/ lifestyle.

Training in the evening also helps. I go bouldering at the local climbing gym after supper and the endorphin rush pretty much gets rid of any munchies.

Sleeping pill ..... Screaming baby.....???thumbdown.gif

you did mention wife ?

try eat half your meal with the kids, and the other half after the kids go to sleep