Linden Bike missing

Linden Cycles

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I really hope that the bike gets returned. And that the service of loaning out bikes continues.

It was such a pleasure to test ride a 29er before buying a new MTB. Always great service and normally got stuck in the shop chatting to staff. May "Sandy" see the error in her ways.

This is a shame. I hope it's just a case of absent mindedness or laziness.

How the heck do you forget you borrowed a bike or even be to lazy to take it back? The reality of it is that she has knicked it. I still can't get my head around the fact that the shop took no details.

Tend to agree with Eldron on this one - people like this seem to think that having money exempts them from having to have regard for anyone else. All about me me me.

Tend to agree with Eldron on this one - people like this seem to think that having money exempts them from having to have regard for anyone else. All about me me me.

Maybe this woman gets a kick out of stealing stuff, even though she "apparently" has money.

I really hope that the bike gets returned. And that the service of loaning out bikes continues.

It was such a pleasure to test ride a 29er before buying a new MTB. Always great service and normally got stuck in the shop chatting to staff. May "Sandy" see the error in her ways.

Sandy is long gone.

Easy up chaps - there could be a legitamate reason. BMX X5's are normally the preserve of professional thieves (the government) - the amateurs are normally less flush. A woman in an X5 is more soccer mom than career thief.

I reckon they'll have their bike back in a week with a Sandton style "I was soooo busy having my nails done and breasts made perky that I just didn't have time doll" apology.

With enough thieving you can buy an X5. devil.gif

I wanted to "try before I buy" a couple of months ago from Linden cycles. I made arrangements accordingly, unfortunately the day I wanted to collect the bike from them they already borrowed it to somebody else. After a long investigation they came back to me with saying that they couldn't find my details or anything that proved that I wanted to borrow the bike. I explained to them that this was quite unprofessional and that it was a due to the lack of a proper business process when borrowing bikes and urged them to look at this as I was a dissatisfied customer which will rather buy a bike elsewhere

Unfortunately for them this has now come back to bite them again. Yes we are all part of the mtbing community and respect each other but the LBS still has a responsibility to satisfy wants and needs and should ensure their business processes are in place and streamlined accordingly. I feel sorry for Linden but they failed to act when there was warning signals....hope you find your bike and that you alter the process to still satisfy the needs of mtbers but de-risk yourselves.

Seems a bit churlish to be so critical of Linden Cycles when all they are guilty of is being trusting and thinking well of people. Perhaps naive but that is hardly deserving of some of the scathing attacks they have been subjected to on this forum

I wanted to "try before I buy" a couple of months ago from Linden cycles. I made arrangements accordingly, unfortunately the day I wanted to collect the bike from them they already borrowed it to somebody else. After a long investigation they came back to me with saying that they couldn't find my details or anything that proved that I wanted to borrow the bike. I explained to them that this was quite unprofessional and that it was a due to the lack of a proper business process when borrowing bikes and urged them to look at this as I was a dissatisfied customer which will rather buy a bike elsewhere

Unfortunately for them this has now come back to bite them again. Yes we are all part of the mtbing community and respect each other but the LBS still has a responsibility to satisfy wants and needs and should ensure their business processes are in place and streamlined accordingly. I feel sorry for Linden but they failed to act when there was warning signals....hope you find your bike and that you alter the process to still satisfy the needs of mtbers but de-risk yourselves.

Do you drive a X5?

What a douchebag you are!!!!