2013 94.7 - Here's 5 things I wouldn't mind seeing next year

Andymann

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 more salty stuff at water points. Like the potatoes on the N14. Would help a lot of people with cramps.

2 better participation from the pubs on the route. Colony, hooters, corner house. Woulda killed for a couple more beers.

3 that chick with the violin on the lion park climb from 2011

4 more of my friends out on course ( can you bastards slow down rouxtjie, swift01, eldron, iron, edgar Roghoff and I guess the other 18 odd thousand that beat me. Haha.)

5 more people having fun and not being so serious.

Damn right - remember from a few years back when we went up to the Water tower we came back down past Marco Polo, and the guys were dishing out free beer!!!

Hell yeah. I took so long to finish my moonshine on route at the SSWC that I even missed the flasher there. Dammit

Less dodgy okes choosing SS and then complaining "I chose the wrong configuration" ph34r.png

laugh.png tongue.png

There seems to be some anomaly in the system though.

My cycling partner and I have riden every race together. We start in the same group and finish together. But he is consistently seeded one group ahead of me which means he has to drop back a group at the start so that we can start together.

Definitely not saying their system is perfect! I do however think they get it right more often than not...

Also on the seeding, I was under the impression that doing 10 plus of the same race should give you preferential seeding. Or am I wrong?

wrong. you need to perform. no point starting A if you are out of shape...

• A Sunblock sponsor halfway in the race, so we can reapply
  • Discourage the 2nd lap, I saw many accidents where the 2 lappers colided with riders in group BB-?? and the unseeded groups. Its unfair on the riders in the latest batches to have their day spoilt, the guys doing the 2 lappers have already had their turn.
  • and also include SAS seeding as part of the seeding for MTB's

• A Sunblock sponsor halfway in the race, so we can reapply
  • Discourage the 2nd lap, I saw many accidents where the 2 lappers colided with riders in group BB-?? and the unseeded groups. Its unfair on the riders in the latest batches to have their day spoilt, the guys doing the 2 lappers have already had their turn.
  • and also include SAS seeding as part of the seeding for MTB's

Interesting, I wonder if I spoiled the day of the 2 people who's punctures I fixed or if the guys pushing their partners up those hills actually didn't appreciate a helping hand...

If anything, I think the "double lapper" should be made official and be regulated. ie, 5 "double lappers" per Start group from AA and all of them should carry 2 tubes and 2 bombs to donate. Perhaps a couple of Gu, Powerbars or CrampBlocks too to hand out to guys in need.

Anyone caught with an iPod or other mp3 player should be DQ'd. They are a freaking danger to everyone around them.

And answering a call whilst riding in a frigging bunch!!

Not a major issue, but, I found the Beer tent for the general public to be a bit poor. Could have done with more shade etc.

Although, that said, the long tom cans were very well received. :-)

Do more road races then. the two disciplines are not the same....

Thanks for that advice but then I rather not do any road races at all .

Do more road races then. the two disciplines are not the same....

These 'clowns' seed from the races listed - If you dont have times in these races how would they know. But they would reseed you on any additional info you provide.

But next year you'll move up based on this years' result. I don't think it's fair to use MTB results for road and vice versa. Imagine the uproar if you find roadies in A batch at MTN or Nissan event.

+1 separate road and mtb seeding different skill set required!