Die Burger Cycle Tour

Cippo

What was the wind like?

All the way from Hels to Wellington. Wind from behind on the R44 back to finish.

• Replies 704
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

To the dude riding the insane On-One SS - man that was one awesome machine!

Thanks, managed to do a 3:29 from group P so I am pretty pleased.

Dude! Are you alive or you take a sabbatical from hub?

Hey, Zacster!

Good to hear you're back on the Giant.

Haha,

was a tough winter with illness and injury.

Been concentrating on rowing for spring so will move my energy over to cycling for summer.

Rowing takes up a lot of time so when I get home it's usually food and bed.

Good to be back though!

I was in the A bunch, crashed really badly with 10km's to go. I think i was going to get a good time, very disappointed cracked my helmet almost in half, lots of road burns and bruises. Some of the riders road really badly. thumbdown.gif Bike is messed up with the wheel broken and frame cracked.... But luckily i wasn't hurt that bad. All happened because one of one oke's inability to ride straight. Also fell going up Hells Hoogte but managed to catch to up to the front of the A group though. Still finished though with around 2h50.

Well done on finishing!!! This happened right next to me. The first chap who went down was taking a drink from his waterbottle when he got his wheel taken out and he ended up hanging on me trying to recover before the bike went violently left and he hit the deck. The chap who then took his wheel out swings his head round to see what he has done and tags the wheel in front of him going down hard too and now there's a mass of riders just getting flung over bars and complete carnage all round me. Glad to escape that! Hope you heal up quick LB!!

There were like 5 guys from Action on Helz before the race started. I was there but when i started seeing plumbers crack i just thought theres no way im staying there getting that shot in my lens haha, but the guys and girls are actually really nice and have conversations with me so its all good. i think most of their staff were there. Now time to edit then put on web. Well done everybody. its so nice getting used to the familier faces and the hallo's from the groups coming past. Really appreciate it. Smaak you guys.

Howzeeeeet Capcha! That was me in the RE:CM kit you called out! Glad I was well positioned for the pic! Shot Jay

Bad crash about 65km's into the race.....young girl went over handlebars, straight onto her head....she is ok from what i heard. concussion and a few stiches...

She was attended to by fellow riders, both paramedics. my hat goes off to you guys and your immediate and professional dealing of the situation...a massive well done and the utmost respect to your profession. well done.

On that note, why do race organisers not "employ" paramedic riders....riding in all the start groups?

Well done on finishing!!! This happened right next to me. The first chap who went down was taking a drink from his waterbottle when he got his wheel taken out and he ended up hanging on me trying to recover before the bike went violently left and he hit the deck. The chap who then took his wheel out swings his head round to see what he has done and tags the wheel in front of him going down hard too and now there's a mass of riders just getting flung over bars and complete carnage all round me. Glad to escape that! Hope you heal up quick LB!!

Funny that these crashes seems to have a habit of happening in the fast bunches. I guess there are riders who can go fast but they don't do enough training in a bunch. Anyway, I hope nobody got hurt too badly.

Guys....so stoked!! I did a 3:48

I was going for 4:30! I am so happy! Looked out for hubbers by the beer tent....not easy to spot if you don't know who you looking for.

Well done with the awesome times guys!

We were still there til late. Sitting on the left side if you were facing the bar. Pity we didn't make better plans.

Well done on a good ride!

H1 but its all the same. what were u wearing?

hopefully cycling clothes! Kit was all black, and black helmet. Road bike, black & white Giant. My number was 47 something something.

Funny that these crashes seems to have a habit of happening in the fast bunches. I guess there are riders who can go fast but they don't do enough training in a bunch. Anyway, I hope nobody got hurt too badly.

In the fast groups you can't leave an inch or someone will try to take it. The amount of jostling for group position that happens is mental! Add some unexpected bollards etc in the road when the middle of the group swarms around it and it's immediately a very hairy situation (hairy, if you read this I'm using your name in vain sucker!)

In the fast groups you can't leave an inch or someone will try to take it. The amount of jostling for group position that happens is mental! Add some unexpected bollards etc in the road when the middle of the group swarms around it and it's immediately a very hairy situation (hairy, if you read this I'm using your name in vain sucker!)

Yes, that is crazy. I worry for when my boy gets so fast that he joins the faster bunches leaving me behind, not able to check up on him. Right now he is 12, but I believe by the time that he is 15/16 he will way too fast with his thin and tall body build. I just hope I can coach him enough to look after himself. He seemed OK when he left his old man for dead on Hels.

Anybody see this gentleman? That is a step machine with wheels...No seat. He stands up and walks it, really impressive machine and athlete

post-7550-0-15840700-1354452781_thumb.jpg

post-7550-0-77306900-1354453028_thumb.jpg

Edited by Capcha Photography