2013 Bestmed Jock Cycle Classique (9 July 2013)

Agteros

Anybody managed to register online for this race or is it just me thats battling with the ASG Events site?

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Anybody managed to register online for this race or is it just me thats battling with the ASG Events site?

Am battling too. Can't get payment through - and don't even try to call the ASG Events office - no answer, they don't answer e-mails too!!!

Pathetic service!

Are you sure its 4.5% as the race flyer says 'average 7%'?

Rode it many times.....

From where it starts to kick inside Sabie to the left turn to Nelspruit is 8 km with an avg gradient of 5%. The last 2 km to the left turn at 6% avg with the max around 7-8%.

Rode it many times.....

From where it starts to kick inside Sabie to the left turn to Nelspruit is 8 km with an avg gradient of 5%. The last 2 km to the left turn at 6% avg with the max around 7-8%.

Thats great info thanks. Nothing better than getting the mind ready for what's ahead!

Thats great info thanks. Nothing better than getting the mind ready for what's ahead!

It will be tougher than the info suggests, don't underestimate it. The climb from White River to Sabie will burn a lot of matches!!

• 2 weeks later...

So maybe it will look something like this then?

Roughly mapped based on directions above seems to be in the general ballpark...

Jock Stage 1 41.5 km (Green going out from under the red)

Jock Stage 2 45.9 km (Pink)

Jock Stage 3 62.2 km (red back to Nelspruit)

Great, that's what I get too - and it give the same profile as the route prifile they issued.

I suspect the people saying that this is a soft jock have not ridden the roads on this years oute. I reckon this route easily as difficult as normal route. There is at least 1 tough climb on every stage not to mention slow but long uphill grinds and some rolling sections. I will say boulders has some steeper sections than any of the climbs on this years route.

What size casette do you guys reckon one should be running? Im not the strongest climber, looking at that profile I'm getting a bit worried....!

Have those who entered received any e-mail notifications yet on race registration, arrangements, etc?

I have not received anyrhing yet and ASG Events contact numbers go directly to voicemail?

:huh:

Have those who entered received any e-mail notifications yet on race registration, arrangements, etc?

I have not received anyrhing yet and ASG Events contact numbers go directly to voicemail?

:huh:

Entry said Cycle Lab Fourways on Thursday or Friday at the Stadium

What size casette do you guys reckon one should be running? Im not the strongest climber, looking at that profile I'm getting a bit worried....!

As much as you have got!