My 1st 29er experiece

Jaco-fiets

What i like about the 29er (maybe the geometry of this bike just suits me better) is that it feels like im sitting "inside" the bike and not "ontop" of the bike like on a 26er. This gives me better controle. It feels like i can really throw the bike into the corners in the singletrack. Absolutely love it!

Hope my above statement makes sense

+1

When I got on my first 29er I thought "ah - so this is how a bike should fit!". I felt like I was one with the bike and every 26er before and after I was perched on top.

Is this a tall rider thing? I'm 6'2"...

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Congrats!clap.gif I also just upgraded to a 29-er 3 weeks ago and am loving it, even though I am small, it rides through everything and have had no handling issues so far.Have learned to look at my exit which does help on the cornering through singletracks and tight bends. So far so good! Was told I was too small for one (1.57) but what a load of hog! Enjoy your new wheels , I certainly am!

ya, congrats. I rode 4 or 5 times on a really entry-level 26 and did a lot of reading before i got my 29er. went from enjoying riding somewhat to f***ing loving it! :D

+1

When I got on my first 29er I thought "ah - so this is how a bike should fit!". I felt like I was one with the bike and every 26er before and after I was perched on top.

Is this a tall rider thing? I'm 6'2"...

No, it's not a tall rider thing.

there's been plenty of discussion about this - its the length of the crank shaft and frame - your height doesn't really matter much with wheel size, except for when you're putting your feet down. frame and crank are the main factors.

Edited by BrettMTB

I'm a bit in the middle about the two, yet I have converted to the 29ner. Only time will tell now...

What i like about the 29er (maybe the geometry of this bike just suits me better) is that it feels like im sitting "inside" the bike and not "ontop" of the bike like on a 26er. This gives me better controle. It feels like i can really throw the bike into the corners in the singletrack. Absolutely love it!

Yes +1 exactly my feeling!

Jaco-fiets. Please shut the hell up. It's posts like these that get more 29er skeptics (i was one) to buy them. Then it makes it harder for me to get good race results cos more and more okes are getting faster. Rather keep quiet about it and let them k@k off in their ignorance.

Have a 29er that is light, nimble and is one of the most comfortable bikes I own. Geometry is perfect. Rolls over **** like magic and handles really well.

Currently building a new 26er because 29ers are not the be all and end all of bikes.

Each bike serves a purpose. Build or buy one for what you do and enjoy most.

I have also just upgraded to a 29-er and am SO thrilled with the ride -its really amazing , and being small - thought i would battle on it but its awesome! Love my ride! Best decision I made! EVER!

• 4 weeks later...

Took a Merida 29er for a demo ride the other day and I'm pretty sure my next bike will be a 29er. The 29er HT doesn't match the plushness of my 26er duallie, but I could feel that it does roll over stuff better. Handling was actually better in some sections than my current bike, it tracked very well in the corners and I was surprised that it didn't feel cumbersome in tight sections. It was more difficult to bunny hop with it, but with the bigger wheels rolling better there is less of a need for that anyway.

Congrats on the 29er. Im also riding a 29er. AND WILL NEVER EVER GO back to a 26er.clap.gif

• 4 months later...

Dude I think you watching way toooooo many bike setup videos on youtube

Took 22 minutes off my best 50k, first time out on a 29er........

......... Say no more.