Power Stats - The Fast One (Elite)

bruce

Okay, here are my summary stats for The Fast One:

Race:
Duration:  02:07:37
Work:      1783 kJ
TSS:       149.9 (intensity factor 0.839)
Norm Power:290
VI:        1.24
Pw:HR:      2.60%
Pa:HR:      -4.52%
Distance:  103.478 km
MinMaxAvg
Power:       0948233watts
Heart Rate:  80169141bpm
Cadence:     3118883rpm
Speed:       079.248.7kph
Pace         00:4500:0001:14min/km
Hub Torque:  040.86.1N-m
Crank Torque:0115.627.2N-m

So, power wise it was a pretty easy race for me.  First race in Elites so my goal was to sit in the bunch and stay out of trouble.  To put it into perspective, my 94.7 had a normalised power of 335watts, as opposed to 290watts in this race.

I see WinningTime timewarped myself and Craig backwards by about a minute!  Which is annoying because now all the Vet's are going to be laughing at us saying we got dropped Angry

Racing in the Elites though is defiitely a step up.  My bunch riding skills are going to have to improve!  Even though the overall power numbers were lower, I found the race to be hard because of the level of concentration required.  Things just seem to happen that much quicker.

Guest Michelle

Umm nope, pretty sure I saw you shooting out the back, panting, foaming at the mouth... Hendrik had to swerve out of the way you popped so badly...

IMO most impressive stats was your max cadence....

Is that genuine?

min             max       avg

Cadence:3118883rpm

I see WinningTime timewarped myself and Craig backwards by about a minute!  Which is annoying because now all the Vet's are going to be laughing at us saying we got dropped Angry
LOL

Where did you hit 948W?

With Michelle ragging you this has just turned in to bash the bruce thread! Ouch Should I shorten that chain to just outside the study?
Jason2008-01-27 12:34:02

IMO most impressive stats was your max cadence....

Is that genuine?

min             max       avg

Cadence:3118883rpm

No, my leg's can't spin that fast!  I couldn't use my 11 sprocket (chain was jumping) but I can't get to 188rpm, that's for sure!  Must be a spike in the data.

LOL

Where did you hit 948W?

With Michelle ragging you this has just turned in to bash the bruce thread! Ouch Should I shorten that chain to just outside the study?

First 30min of the race I tried to get involved a bit at the sharp end of the race.  Just found myself sliding back in the bunch too much, so after working my way back to the front like a yo-yo one time too many I decided to stay in the bunch a bit more.

Geez, what have you been feeding Michelle??  She's a bit woes hey? Ouch

Geez' date=' what have you been feeding Michelle??  She's a bit woes hey? Ouch
[/quote']So no flowers and diamonds? ClapLOL Saw 101% had a close call near the end! Went off the road, think he's starting to dig the MTB thing...

Sorry Embarrassed  I've been up since 3:30 am Sleepy

Michelle I have some sleeping tablets for you.Tongue

You should never be awake that time on a Sunday morning.

PM me to collect the tablets.

Bruce I'm glad I'm not the only one who found that bunch difficult to ride in. I found myself riding at the back because I just didn't have the confidence to move into the thick of things. I prefer it when there are a few hills to make the bunch smaller. Today was very scary. Quite a few close calls.

Bruce I'm glad I'm not the only one who found that bunch difficult to ride in. I found myself riding at the back because I just didn't have the confidence to move into the thick of things. I prefer it when there are a few hills to make the bunch smaller. Today was very scary. Quite a few close calls.

Being my first race in the Elites for some time I also struggled to get use to the constant battle for position.Also a lot harder to move up to the front once you are close to the back.At one stage i wanted to get to the front to help some of my team mates but it took me like 10minutes just to get there and as soon as I relaxed I was back halfway down!!Dead

Had a chat with 101% and he gave me some good advise,something along the lines of I should first switch off my brain and then I will be able to stay in front for longerLOLLOL.

Will give it a go at the Emperors!!!Big%20smile
nochain2008-01-28 02:18:16

Power stats in the VA bunch.

Entire workout (215 watts):

Duration: 2:18:25 (2:54:22) (I missed the first 2 minutes, forgot to switch tap on)

Work: 1761 kJ

TSS: 180.3 (intensity factor 0.889)

Norm Power: 267

VI: 1.24

Distance: 97.237 km

Min Max Avg

Power: 0 934 215 watts

Speed: 0 63.8 42.6 kph

Pace 0:56 0:00 1:25 min/km

Hub Torque: 0 31.5 6.2 lb-in

As you can see it was not too hard, mainly tried to controll the teams that did not have anyone in the break. Did suffer a bit with the high speed at the end, first race, since Dischem, so not used to those speeds at the moment.

RABUBI2008-01-28 02:04:59

Power stats in the VA bunch.

Entire workout (215 watts):

Duration: 2:18:25 (2:54:22) (I missed the first 2 minutes' date=' forgot to switch tap on)

Work: 1761 kJ

TSS: 180.3 (intensity factor 0.889)

Norm Power: 267

VI: 1.24

Distance: 97.237 km

Min Max Avg

Power: 0 934 215 watts

Speed: 0 63.8 42.6 kph

Pace 0:56 0:00 1:25 min/km

Hub Torque: 0 31.5 6.2 lb-in

As you can see it was not too hard, mainly tried to controll the teams that did not have anyone in the break. Did suffer a bit with the high speed at the end, first race, since Dischem, so not used to those speeds at the moment.

[/quote']

Hehehe If I have to post my figures up here people will wonder if I was actually at the race or on a Sunday recovery ride... Embarrassed

Think you should spend more time pedalling Denise's ears than your bike.... sure 188 RPM is achievable then!!. Good Race Diesel old chap!!