• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Slowly getting everything together and will post pics of the build later

For now I leave you with this.

post-22685-0-67770600-1354778639_thumb.jpg

SPAN CASH clap.gif w00t.gif

very nice SIRm , sure its gonna be plush..what they hit you for a frame >? if you tuning thumbup1.gif

Say what now! Please keep me posted, I will be his no1 clientdrool.gif

Let's Hope they do more with Spank than they did with Loaded. It was a well guarded secret....

Pun intended..

Frame arrived. Not overly happy with the condition of the rear shock. It is brand new but it's been lying around for a while.

Some damage to the decals.

Morewood however requested pics of the damage and will replace with another unit.

post-22685-0-94845200-1355132485_thumb.jpg

Decided on the cSixx 150gm guide

Now for a stem. The one i have on the bike is not cutting it.

Thinking of getting a Loaded AMX stem to match the rims.

Any retailers in JHB that stock them?

Tell that to my credit card. ohmy.png

Patchy patchy made a good point about the 110gl not having a bash plate or taco.

Can't risk messing up the chain and ring if I get it wrong.

Edited by S.I.R Maxxis

Talking about chain guides. Need to ask you a question about my Blackspire Dewlie... looks like this but have black bash ring:

http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Models.aspx?ModelID=35815

What is the function of that slider? (at 2 o'clock on the pic)

It is quite a solid (read heavy) two pieces of shaped perspex with twp bolts through it. But it doesn't really seem to have a function... Or am i missing something?

Talking about chain guides. Need to ask you a question about my Blackspire Dewlie... looks like this but have black bash ring:

http://www.chainreac...x?ModelID=35815

It is quite a solid (read heavy) two pieces of shaped perspex with twp bolts through it. But it doesn't really seem to have a function... Or am i missing something?

You're missing something. I'll give you a hint, to GUIDE you in the right direction.

Basically - it's the top end chain guide. Slider is there so that you can position it to you liking. If you look at the pic, the BB mounting isn't in the middle of the bash guard, so the actual position would be more to the left and higher up (closer to 12) like a normal top end guide.

http://www.chainreac...x?ModelID=35815

I'm guessing it's there to serve the same purpose as an uper guide, but has to be moved forward to accomodate the FD. But that then makes it kinda redundant.

If you're wanting a 2 ring guide, try the new Truvativ X-guide 2x10 (Approx R1385 Ex Vat & shipping)

http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Images/Models/Original/84839.jpg

Or for a cheaper option (one wich you won't need ISCG mounts or adapters), try this (it's what I use and I've been very impressed)

Straitline Serrated plus Blackspire Stinger (approx R715 ex Vat & shipping)

post-10758-0-09387100-1355381802_thumb.jpg

Edited by patches