IceToolz Pronto Toolbox

HDW

Expect most to advise you to steer clear of "all-in-one tollboxes" and rather build up a toolbox.

This will address both your specific needs as well as the quality of tools.

That said, this deal doesn't look too bad if you don't have any tools already.

Expect most to advise you to steer clear of "all-in-one tollboxes" and rather build up a toolbox.

This will address both your specific needs as well as the quality of tools.

That said, this deal doesn't look too bad if you don't have any tools already.

Jip, With a multi lool you can do 90% of the maintanance/build jobs on a bike. Only other routine service related tools I can think of:

Very good quality gear outer cutter - tool I use most

Chain whip - make from flat bar and old chain.. I laser cut a fancy one for myself that includes a pedal spanner on one end.

BB tool for your type - very intermittent use.

Cone spanners - spend and get good ones in the right size you need. Thanks to Shimano I use them quite a bit.

What else you really need? So I agree 100% but Thomo

I see CWC has this on special: http://www.cwcycles....pronto-toolbox.

Now I would appreciate some advice: is this all the tools (or most of them) that I will need to maintain and service my bikes?

And is the price any good?

Thanks!! thumbup1.gif

been using one of theses all-in-one boxes now for 13 years now, does most of the job well, expect thoses cones spanners to be the first things to be strip though, but as a basic tool box get it and upgrade as need be

I also bought one from Chain Reaction a while back and its a very good place to start. I can do most of the work with the tools that came with it, and only needed to buy 1 or 2 extras on top op if. For that price it is a bargain

Thank you guys for all the replies. I really appreciate it.

Think I have to sit down and see what it is that I need, and then make up my mind.

Thanks again!

Who are we trying to kid here?

It's obvious to anyone who knows anything about tools that this set is cheap and nasty. It's likely to result in lots of frustration, damaged bolts, and crushed knuckles.

Rather use the same amount of cash to buy a few often-used good quality tools, and add to that as cash becomes available.

Where tools are concerned, stay away from sets, buy once, and buy the very best you can afford.

This set is crap.

Who are we trying to kid here?

It's obvious to anyone who knows anything about tools that this set is cheap and nasty. It's likely to result in lots of frustration, damaged bolts, and crushed knuckles.

Rather use the same amount of cash to buy a few often-used good quality tools, and add to that as cash becomes available.

Where tools are concerned, stay away from sets, buy once, and buy the very best you can afford.

This set is crap.

blink.png

Hi,

I'm also interested in buying a set or make-up my own set. What are the most needed / important tools that one should have?

I see CWC has this on special: http://www.cwcycles....pronto-toolbox.

Now I would appreciate some advice: is this all the tools (or most of them) that I will need to maintain and service my bikes?

And is the price any good?

Thanks!! thumbup1.gif

i bought a similar set 2 years ago and it still serves we well the only thing i take to the lbs is my wheels for truing after i have laced them